NFL moved Sunday Night Football to Tuesday. Be Safe.

• That blizzard sounds awful! It must really be bad for them to move a game day. The only other time I can remember is when the fires were bad in So. Cal. They moved MNF to Arizona from San Diego.

Be safe you East Coasters.
  • It's not. We live about 40 miles from the stadium. We've gotten a few inches, but it's blowing like crazy. It's *bad*, but it's not BAD, you know? I'm surprised they canceled, though. But, they canceled before the snow even started!
  • Hey, we've been getting it here in Minnesota too: remember the NY Giants couldn't get into Minneapolis because of the snowstorm so their Sunday game with the Vikings had to be rescheduled for Monday; then the Metrodome (the Vikings' stadium) collapsed under the weight of 17 inches of snow so the game had to be moved to Detroit (with the storm system following); then the Vs had to play their next home game (last of the season) in the outdoor U of Minn stadium (getting more snow as the game was in progress); we play in Philadelphia this week (MORE. freaking. snow) and wind up our season back in Detroit! Will the Vs be the first football team in history to play a "home" game and a road game in the SAME stadium in the same season?
  • This just in: the Vikings-Eagles game has been postponed to Tuesday because of the blizzard

ETA 12.26 18:17: oh wait, that's the game the OP was talking about [Emily Littella] never mind [/Emily Littella]
  • Quote: Hey, we've been getting it here in Minnesota too: remember the NY Giants couldn't get into Minneapolis because of the snowstorm so their Sunday game with the Vikings had to be rescheduled for Monday; then the Metrodome (the Vikings' stadium) collapsed under the weight of 17 inches of snow so the game had to be moved to Detroit (with the storm system following); then the Vs had to play their next home game (last of the season) in the outdoor U of Minn stadium (getting more snow as the game was in progress); we play in Philadelphia this week (MORE. freaking. snow) and wind up our season back in Detroit! Will the Vs be the first football team in history to play a "home" game and a road game in the SAME stadium in the same season?
    Duh! This one is current news and I completely forgot about it! LOL at myself.
  • Quote: It's not. We live about 40 miles from the stadium. We've gotten a few inches, but it's blowing like crazy. It's *bad*, but it's not BAD, you know? I'm surprised they canceled, though. But, they canceled before the snow even started!
    I don't know but it looks pretty bad on TV. I think they are thinking of having all those people out on the streets in heavy snow.

Be safe.