The video ads are driving me crazy...

• I don't know if this is the right place, and
    I'm sure I shouldn't complain- it's just ARRRGGHHH those things drive me bonkers because they automatically start playing the audio and sometimes they do that skipping thing....
  • I leave my computer muted for precisely this reason. Too many noises I don't want to hear! I just unmute for things I am actually trying to listen to.
  • What I hate is when I don't know which tab/window the noise is coming from! Sometimes they'll just start up on a tab I'm not in and this usually happens when my volume is all the way up, so it scares me every time XD
  • Me too! Sometimes I'm on late at night and the ads come on so loud and scare the bejeezus out of me!
  • How I am suppose to sneak on here at work? LOL
  • If you use Firefox, you MUST get the Ad Blocker Plus add on. Then you can just disable those ads whenever you come across them It's pretty fun. You do have to block each individual ad, but after using it for a few months, you build up your block registry and hardly ever run into ads any longer.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/
  • Lol @heartlover
  • Quote: Me too! Sometimes I'm on late at night and the ads come on so loud and scare the bejeezus out of me!
    Me too. I have to keep my comp on mute.
  • I run Google Chrome and don't hear anything.
  • I use Firefox and didn't even realize there were ads on 3FC until I accessed it on my phone! Adblocker's the best!
  • I don't hear anything either and I have Safari. Guess it is a good thing eh?