3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   crafty chicks i need input! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/219492-crafty-chicks-i-need-input.html)

lizziep 12-11-2010 10:50 PM

crafty chicks i need input!

My little niece was born on the Winter Solstice. I have this beautiful quote from a book that her mother loves, a book she had me read that actually became one of my favorites. it would be more significant for mom then for baby. I'm just not entirely sure what I want to do with it.

The quote is "A child born at Midwinter walks always toward the light"

I don't really want to put it on an ornament because that would take away from it being about her birthday and not christmas, and I'm sure as she grows up w/ a birthday four days before chritmas she's going to get a lot of that as it is.

I thought about something cross stitch but- frankly, my eyes aren't as good as they once were and most of my cross stitch projects end up crumpled up and forgotten or tossed out in anger and frustration.

I really want to do something special with this though. Anyone have any thoughts?? :)

spixiet 12-11-2010 11:04 PM

As a non-crafty chick, I have no help for you on something you can make - however, there are lots of websites that will make personalized gifts, like personalcreations.com or thingsremembered.com - you can get that personalized touch without the strain of something like cross-stitch... You could upload a picture of the baby and add the quote to make a wall hanging...or create a picture frame with the quote (I love the quote by the way). You could also create an engraved music box or water globe~

The only crafts I can manage successfully are photo collages :(

shcirerf 12-11-2010 11:05 PM

I could do it on a variety of items, onsies, prints, magnets, stickers, blankets, t-shirts, mugs, etc. pm me for details.

ANewCreation 12-11-2010 11:11 PM

You could simply print this quote on some lovely paper in a nice font and frame it.

Or you could get a scrapbook kit, and incorporate this quote on a page along with some pictures. They make some small albums as well as larger ones and they will come with all you need except the glue and scissors. If they don't have enough letters you can always buy them separately (it's ok to mix styles and colors) to spell out your quote. It would look really good as the first page in an album.

astrophe 12-11-2010 11:19 PM

Citrasolv transfer?

http://www.citra-solv.com/newcitraartist/index.html
A.

rainbowsmiles 12-11-2010 11:32 PM

[QUOTE=ANewCreation;3604587]You could simply print this quote on some lovely paper in a nice font and frame it. QUOTE]

something like this would be nice...maybe you could find a beautiful picture with a winter scene...and moonlight...(old calendars are good for nice wintery pics) then add the baby's picture...and the printed out quote along the bottom...and then frame it :)

sunny2017 12-11-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANewCreation (Post 3604587)
You could simply print this quote on some lovely paper in a nice font and frame it.

Or you could get a scrapbook kit, and incorporate this quote on a page along with some pictures. They make some small albums as well as larger ones and they will come with all you need except the glue and scissors. If they don't have enough letters you can always buy them separately (it's ok to mix styles and colors) to spell out your quote. It would look really good as the first page in an album.

I agree!! A scrapbook is a marvelous idea!!

lizziep 12-11-2010 11:59 PM

okay first off- citrasolv is freaking amazing. i've never seen this type of artwork before there are so many ways to use it. awesome.

thanks for the input. right now i am leaning toward making a really beautiful page and framing it. i have a ton of scrapbook supplies i don't know why i did not think of that. maybe something with the quote, her name and birth date? hmm... much to think about.

astrophe 12-12-2010 01:01 AM

It's a recent discovery for me too. All this time I was just using it to clean house. LOL.

A.

ArcticFrogs 12-12-2010 04:44 AM

Get a little ArmourEtch and etch it into a mirror, pair it with a nice frame!

There are a LOT of ways to go about it...feel free to PM me if you need more information or advice on the idea.

dragonwoman64 12-12-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny2017 (Post 3604620)
I agree!! A scrapbook is a marvelous idea!!

I third that, what a great idea, lovely gift!