General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #16  

I thought the dance scene was ok. But what I really liked was the animation of the Hallows and how they came to be. It was completely unexpected, but I really like how it came out!

Tikanique I'm hoping they don't forget about Molly's line "Not my daughter, you b*tch!" during the big battle sequence at the end of the next movie!!
ADelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Yeah the graphics for the Hallows story were SWEET!!! One of the best parts of the movie and that's SAYING something cause overall the movie was really good.

Nuther question, did they cast a new person as Fenrir Grayback? I didn't notice the old one with the Snatchers so am wondering did they just not include him there or did they cast another person.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #18  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

I liked the animation, too. I was wondering how they were going to do that, because they kind of had to have her read the story, but that's boring to watch.

I thought they did include Grayback, but I couldn't tell you if it was a different actor.

Are any of you fans of the audiobooks as well? I love the ones read by Jim Dale.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #19  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Tikanique - Agree with both Molly and Lucius. Molly is a little too bubbly.

Also, I am kinda a vampire book junkie (SHHH, don't tell :-)

But, that being said, in my opinion, her best book was THE HOST (I loved twilight, but I gotta be honest) If you are okay with alien invasion, then I would definitely recommend it.

As far as an adult version, When I was reading HP, I bought generic book covers so the "adults" around me didn't find out! LOL
I have since found so many who have read it that it doesn't matter any more.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #20  

Really Vander? That never crossed my mind! LOL! The first four I read didn't have covers. The Boy's dad bought them for him and by the time I started reading them he'd already lost the covers. The last three I purchased and took the covers off so they wouldn't get messed up but people knew it was a HP book anyway cause everybody was reading them.

The last alien invasion book I read was the Tommyknockers by Stephen King, which was ironically the last book I read by him. He is OUT THERE TERRIFYING!!!!

I've never listened to the audiobooks and I was kind of bummed that she didn't release them electronically for the Nook or Kindle. Then someone sent me PDFs of them (that had to be a TON of scanning!) so now I can carry around the entire collection in my purse.

Okay now I'm losing it. How did the Snatchers run into Harry, Hermione and Ron ? I thought they left the Voldmort name is jinxed piece out the movie and that's how the Snatchers caught them in the book. I need to go see this one again!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #21  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i try to hold the books and movies in my mind as separate entities. i enjoy the movies because they are fun, but i do not really think of them in any way linked with the books. does that make sense? i know they are based off them but i swear if i gave it any thought i'd be so angry and annoyed that i wouldn't enjoy them. at all.

so books and movies are separate in my mind.

that said- i thought the dance scene was very sweet, but out of place. i felt like it was more a Daniel and Emma thing than a Harry and Hermione. Like it was sort of a good bye and ode to friendship, but for the cast not the characters. i agree Harry would never have initiated something like that in the books. But the Harry in the books also never cried at anything just took all the bad things with stoic stride. if anything, that is something that has annoyed me about the movies especially given that daniel radcliffes range of acting, though it has improved, was not so great in the beginning.
i am really ready for this movie saga to be over for good or ill, i am ready for it to wrap up and hopefully be satisfied.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #22  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i will also be very disappointed if they do not include Molly's line in the battle in the final movie. it was so satisfying in the book.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:27 PM   #23  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

tikanique, I can't remember if they did the whole taboo thing in the movie either, since that's how they tracked them to that cafe too... Will have to rewatch keeping an eye out for these things!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #24  

So i went back and watched it again. they disarmed Bella as soon as they come up the steps and also had the camera focus on a piece of her hair land on Hermione so that fits with Hermione being Bella in diagon alley.

fenrir is the same guy from the last one, they just made him redder. go figure.

I was looking for the name jinx too. Harry said Voldemort in the cafe so the deatheaters showed up. Xenophilius said Voldemort in the kitchen and they showed up again. however they just happened to apparate in front of a gang of snatchers and Ron never told them Voldemort's name was jinxed. I wonder if they filmed him telling then let it on the cutting room floor.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #25  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Oh, By Generic book covers, I meant the solid blue or pink fabric ones. BUT I was a little embarassed at first, and I am a geek. I felt like I should be reading more classical stuff, but have since gotten over that. I am very okay with being a geek, and thought it was funny that my employees bought me a Harry Potter Wand Pen for my birthday, and Half my team came with me to the last show at midnight!

Back to HP. I think the transition to the movie is that the first time that Hermione was in the woods and the snatchers happened upon her, they couldn't see her but one could smell her. She mentioned that she shouldn't have worn perfume. The jinx isn't explained, but once they get in the area, it looked like he smelled her again.

Okay, Stephen King - I only read one too. Duma Key. It was....interesting.(Interesting as in messed up, but had to see where it went). A good friend of mine who has read all his work, said his stuff runs the gamet; from excellent, to out there, to just plain confused. I am not sure if I would pick up another one.

OH! and I absolutely LOVE the audio by Jim Dale! He is incredible. My favorite audio series out there!

Last edited by vdander24; 12-03-2010 at 02:39 AM.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #26  

I read about 5 of King's books. That man is an excellent writer but I don't need to read anything that has me afraid of the dark at age 40 something or nuther. LOL!!!!

When I was at the movie last night and they were in Malfoy Manor, I half way expected Bella to say OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!! She is truly hilarious.