3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Have you started Christmas shopping yet? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/215419-have-you-started-christmas-shopping-yet.html)

cdmoree 10-21-2010 02:55 PM

Have you started Christmas shopping yet?

Hi,
I have started already.I have too, if we want to have Christmas gifts.LOL
I can`t wait!! I love Christmas!!

Have a great blessed day!!
Debbie

AbbySinthe 10-21-2010 04:26 PM

Oh my goodness, NO!! And I really should have. I'm totally procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping, too. I am one of those girls at the mall Christmas Eve. :o But I promised this year I'd start early since I'm pregnant and due Jan 8th. I still have time but you definitely lit a fire under my tush! Thanks! :hug: p.s. I love the holiday season, too. :D

mandalinn82 10-21-2010 04:48 PM

Most of my acquaintances (other than immediate family) get homemade gifts from me - a gift basket which always includes cookies, but otherwise changes year to year. This year I'm going to do 1 or 2 varieties of cookie, homemade canned goods (I've been making those all summer...a lot of peach jam variations, some berry jams, and some dill pickles...I'll keep going into fall with apple, pear, and pumpkin butters and with marmalades, so I'll have a nice assortment to distribute among the baskets), and homemade bath fizzies in a variety of scents. The cookies will be last minute, but I have the stuff on order for the bath fizzies and they're pretty easy to make. So that covers the vast majority of my gift list.

The rest of my immediate family get some combination of crafted items (particularly my mom, she hates me to buy things for her so I make them instead) and purchased things, but we'll deal with the purchases closer to December.

MzHopeful 10-21-2010 04:56 PM

I am absolutely excited for Christmas! I will probablly start shopping mid-november. I really get alot of it done on "Black Friday". I know alot of people hate shopping that day, but it really gets me in the Christmas spirit, and I do it every year.

Ive been thinking alot about it already. Cant wait to put the tree up! I do that on Black Friday as well.

fluffymommy 10-21-2010 10:26 PM

I just went yesterday and put everything on layaway for christmas... :)

stacylambert 10-22-2010 04:59 AM

We're big Black Friday shoppers so we haven't started, but we've been planning a lot. My husband jokes that Thanksgiving is just a way to carb load for Black Friday!

I always have to finish shopping early anyway because my family lives on other side of the country. I try to get all their stuff mailed out by the second week of December so I don't have to worry about things arriving late or crazy lines at the post office.

AnnieDrews 10-22-2010 10:16 AM

Mandalinn-I would love to receive one of your gift baskets!! Wink, wink...;) I love doing things like that but usually don't get quite that ambitious. I would love to start canning someday.

I have not officially bought anything yet but already have a couple of things I want to order out of catalogs online. I am going to try to keep a tighter budget this year as I still need to pay for my older son's second semester of college yet.

JackieHollow 10-22-2010 11:48 AM

I have started for my children. Not a ton but a little here and there. A set of Wimpy Kid books for 1 son, a set of the Lightning Theif books for another. A comforter, sheet set, and some bedroom stuff for a 3rd son. LOL But I have it all pretty much planned out.

I still have 2 kids birthdays to get through in the next 2 weeks before I start REALLY buying for Christmas. :D

FrouFrou 10-22-2010 03:31 PM

This year I am really not wanting to do Christmas, or Thanksgiving but I will for the family. And YES, I have started the Christmas shopping, ugh! I can't stand to do it all at once and I have three grandchildren...they are done! Now just have the adults to buy for.

I love your gift basket ideas Mandalinn, so crafty.

oodlesofnoodles 10-22-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacylambert (Post 3532944)
We're big Black Friday shoppers so we haven't started, but we've been planning a lot. My husband jokes that Thanksgiving is just a way to carb load for Black Friday!

Haha! Soo true lol.

I'm totally crazy so I've already started. I always start scouting present in like, April. I need to start planning ahead though. It's just hard to plan for people who are hard to shop for, like my dad. He's a total minimalist. For 3 years in a row my brother and I split the cost of a case of my dad's favorite beer and put a red bow on it and stuck it under the tree cos we couldn't think of anything lol.