3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Girl 101 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/211859-girl-101-a.html)

katkitten 09-06-2010 07:29 PM

Girl 101

We found it! ;)

So maybe we should post questions here and the more girly chickies can answer them? lol

I'll start. I have this fine, blond hair on my arms that you can't see unless you are looking at my arms up close. Am I supposed to be shaving this? I've always wondered.

Also, I was on a trip to Thailand a couple years ago with a bunch of girls and wanted to borrow shaving cream and they all said "i dont USE shaving cream". what are they using? soap? nothing?

Gamecockgrrl 09-06-2010 08:19 PM

Kat, don't dare shave your arms! If it really stood out and made you feel insecure, then maybe wax...but if you can't see it unless you are really close up, and it's baby fine...leave it alone! :)

And the girls were probably using soap. Soap works fine, but I like how shave cream makes my legs feel softer.

amyleigh 09-06-2010 08:50 PM

i agree with game! i have the same and i've never shaved it. my cousin, with the same hair, started shaving her arms in high school because she liked how they felt and shaved them everyday...now the hair is thick and darker so she has to shave. meanwhile my hairy arms are super soft and the hair is still fine and thin:)

i know a lot of people use soap or just water to shave. personally, i always use shaving cream because if not, i cut myself up like crazy.

chickybird 09-06-2010 08:59 PM

I used to use soap or conditioner to shave and ended up getting a bad fungal infection in my underarms because of it. My dr. explained that you need to use shave gel or cream because it makes the hair stand up and makes it easier to cut. When it lays flat, you have to work harder, which creates tiny cuts in the skin that bacteria/fungi can enter.
Just my .02. It was embarrassing and now I tell everyone to use shave gel or cream, lol!

katkitten 09-07-2010 04:36 AM

thanks everyone! I have shaved my arms a couple times just on a whim but luckily it hasnt been enough to make it thick.
The only problem with shaving cream is it seems to clog up my tub sometimes? But I like that soft feeling like you just put lotion on your legs after too :)

Anyone else have a question?

sarahyu 09-07-2010 03:39 PM

How do I dress so I don't look so frumpy? I tend to wear lose t-shirts and jeans becuase I sweat a lot-fortunately a talk with the doctor and a prescription for extra strength anti-persperant helps tremendously.

But I've never gotten out of the baggy clothes style. I work in an area where I could get really dirty somedays and sit at a desk most of the time, so I have to be prepared for a grimy, yucky days. But I want to look nicer in the process. I suppose I could keep a change of clothes at work for the yucky days.

So anyway, how does a short squat person dress attractively in an active envirnoment? No dresses or shorts, have to have legs covered.

Does anyone else have the problems of not being able to keep clothes clean? It seems no matter how hard I try, I will dribble food onto my shirt, the whiter and more expensive the shirt, the faster it happens. Most of my white t-shirts are stained pretty badly, so I only wear them around the house when I clean and quilt.

Gamecockgrrl 09-07-2010 09:20 PM

Sarah, I would recommend you take maybe an over shirt to wear when you get have to get really yucky, then when you go back to your desk you will just have to take the shirt off. I'd recommend maybe a mens denim shirt because it's all cotton and will breath better, plus it will be long enough to protect most of your pants as well. And since you are short, I'd recommend matching your tops to your pants for a monochromatic look...like if you are wearing dark pants, have a dark shirt...dark shirts hide grime too. If sweating is a problem...go for all natural fibers...this isn't just t-shirts (which have polyester in them most of the time). You can get some really nice button up shirts in all cotton. The simpler the better, you can always accessorize with a pretty necklace to liven it up. The key is to have a line of color from the top to bottom, it will give you an illusion of height. You didn't say if you had to wear sneakers...if not, why don't you try something with a small heel?

For the grime, keep a Bounce lint roller at your desk...you would be amazed at what it will do. Also keep a small pack of baby wipes and a tide stain pen in your desk for touch ups.

Rochester 09-08-2010 06:32 PM

My makeup vanishes! Within a few hours of applying makeup, it's just not there. I always have to reapply it at least once, sometimes twice, every day. I use better quality makeup (Mary Kay tinted moisturizer, MAC eyeshadow, etc.) and I use a base under the eyeshadow. Where exactly is my makeup disappearing to? :dizzy: Or is this normal? :?:

Shopaholic1204 09-08-2010 07:35 PM

I use the Intuition razor. It has the moisturizer right in it, which I love. I used to use shaving gel, so I recommend either of them.

Rochester, is your face oily or do you sweat a lot? I've noticed that with my oily face, my makeup used to vanish too. I've switch to the kind that works with oily faces. I also use a powder. I use it A LOT too. You should stop by a Clinic counter. The makeup is expensive..but you could just go for the advice.

I have a question...why did Secret stop making the Platinum Protection??? I've been using that stuff since high school, since I sweated a lot (one of the great things about growing up in Arizona, lol). But a few months ago..I went to buy some new deodorant, I noticed it was gone. :( I have to use Sent Expressions now. I tried using the clinical stuff, but I don't like it very much.

katkitten 09-08-2010 08:27 PM

i still buy platinum protection. It is still available down here.

Wow! I am amazed how much you gals know! Thats a great idea to try the antichafing gel as a primer. I will give it a go.

LLH2010 09-08-2010 09:40 PM

If you need another great deodorant, use Mitchum clinical strength for men. I use the unscented kind and it keeps me super dry and odor free all day long running around a hospital! And it's cheaper than most formulated for women.

Shopaholic1204 09-09-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkitten (Post 3472754)
i still buy platinum protection. It is still available down here.

I wonder why I can't find it here. Yet another reason why I hate living here, lol!!

BlueFlower 09-09-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3472583)
My makeup vanishes! Within a few hours of applying makeup, it's just not there. I always have to reapply it at least once, sometimes twice, every day. I use better quality makeup (Mary Kay tinted moisturizer, MAC eyeshadow, etc.) and I use a base under the eyeshadow. Where exactly is my makeup disappearing to? :dizzy: Or is this normal? :?:

I had to switch to liquid eye liner, it's WONDERFUL, never runs/vanishes, best make up trick I've learned! DONT use BLACK unless you are naturally very dark.

For the eye shadows/blushes, apply them HEAVY, then blend, blend, blend away with a powdered brush until you get a natural look.

At least two coats of water proof mascara, this I use BLACK.

Lip STAIN, instead of lipstick!
Good luck!

audrina 09-09-2010 01:43 PM

I never apply heavy color to my eyes. If you want your makeup to stick the key is actually using a foundation, whether it be on your face or your eyes. Urban Decay makes a GREAT eye foundation [base] that my eyeshadow color always sticks to like a dream. Most makeup artists SWEAR by this.

Do you rub your face during the day? Don't forget that the more contact your makeup makes with other things the more likely you are to transfer color/makeup to them.

Gamecockgrrl 09-09-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 (Post 3473684)
I wonder why I can't find it here. Yet another reason why I hate living here, lol!!

You should be able to ask your grocer to get some in for you, or you could try a site like drugstore.com.