3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Women attracted to red shirts? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/209379-women-attracted-red-shirts.html)

tryhardforlife 08-07-2010 11:22 PM

Women attracted to red shirts?

A new study is showing women are sexually attracted to men in red shirts. This seems like a good forum to get some input on this subject :)

BerkshireGrl 08-07-2010 11:28 PM

Yes, especially dark-haired men :)

kaplods 08-07-2010 11:42 PM

I have nothing personal against red, I just don't find red shades sexy color on men or women.

However, I am color-blind so that could have something to do with it. Color-blindness is a bit of a misnomer, because like most people who are colorblind, I do see colors, it's just difficult for me to distinguish some shades. I'm "blue-green" color blind, and oddly blues and greens are my favorite shades. It's when blues and greens are mixed into other colors that I have difficulty - for example telling forest green from brown, or royal blue from royal navy.

My hubby has a lot of red shirts, and none of them appeal to me. He likes red, I'm not a real fan. However put him in kelly green and I'm all over him (He's graying now, but when his hair was more red/auburn... wowza).

Even celebs, red doesn't do anything for me, but shades of blue and green - especially "water" shades... hubba hubba.

BerkshireGrl 08-08-2010 12:08 AM

However, there is this warning to consider, if you find yourself beamed into the Star Trek universe...

Wild Vulpix 08-08-2010 12:22 AM

This is interesting! Here's my guess as to why this is...

Red stands out. It's an alarming color and gets our attention quickly. I don't think anyone would be really attracted to red in and of itself, BUT it could turn heads and get people looking. In the same token, that's why men are seemingly more attracted to blondes. It's not so much that they truly prefer a blonde.. she just simply stands out from the crowd (especially in a dark club or bar setting).

Ciao 08-08-2010 12:59 AM

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a...ivider-1-1.jpg

I think it's attractive on my fiancé.
He's dark skinned, dark haired, and the red shirt
on him compliments his appearance very well.
As for men in general, I don't think it makes
them more or less attractive. It just depends
on the person I suppose.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Divider-1.jpg

eyks 08-08-2010 01:23 AM

I would have to agree with Wild Vulpix. I absolutely notice any person wearing a red shirt. And it's funny that I never stopped to think about it before. My hubby has a red Cincinnati Reds shirt and I do find myself stealing glances at him more often when he wears it.

Now does the same red shirt theory apply to women that wear them? Lol. My hubby gets mesmerized by red stop lights so maybe I should add red to my wardrobe for days I really need his attention!

tryhardforlife 08-08-2010 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyks (Post 3426459)
I would have to agree with Wild Vulpix. I absolutely notice any person wearing a red shirt. And it's funny that I never stopped to think about it before. My hubby has a red Cincinnati Reds shirt and I do find myself stealing glances at him more often when he wears it.

Now does the same red shirt theory apply to women that wear them? Lol. My hubby gets mesmerized by red stop lights so maybe I should add red to my wardrobe for days I really need his attention!

I first heard about it for women but your answer has me thinking. Sounds like I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Teresa66 08-08-2010 06:20 PM

My boyfriend just recently bought some new boxer shorts to wear around the house and one of the colors is a dark red. I came home from work the other day and couldn't stop admiring his new boxers. He thought I was mocking him because he NEVER wears red, but really I found it incredibly sexy and am determined to buy the man a red shirt. :cool:

Latchkey Princess 08-08-2010 06:30 PM

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't like red on guys. I find dark blue or forest green to be really attractive tho.

ETA: Kaplods, I just realized we gave pretty much the same answer. Interesting!

lizziep 08-09-2010 02:30 PM

guess it depends. Red on my pasty white husband just makes him look ruddy in the cheeks and washed out everywhere else. on a tall/dark handsome man however, i'm sure it'd turn my head. i think it's more about it being a confidence color than anything else though.

GradPhase 08-09-2010 03:08 PM

I don't care for red on my guy. And I don't think I notice people wearing red any more than others. I think dark green and dark brown look GREAT on almost all guys though. Then again, I'm a military brat. I may be biased.

SCraver 08-09-2010 03:57 PM

Hmmm... I have always had a thing for guys in black shirts.

motivated chickie 08-09-2010 04:00 PM

There's a guy I find extremely attractive & he always wears red shirts at the clubs. I think he might know that little secret.

Serbrider 08-09-2010 04:36 PM

I like a GOOD LOOKING man in any color shirt... :p However, I prefer the color black to red.... or... white.... or... of course... shirtless... ;)