What are you reading-Aug 2010

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • New Month, New Reads! What are you reading?

I'm reading The Weigh Loss Diaries by Courtney Rubin. Good read so far!
  • I'm reading The China Study, I forget who it's by but I've been wanting to read it forever and can't get a copy from the library because so many others want to also. I finally bought it and just started it yesterday. After that, schoolbooks will be my reading of choice for the month!
  • The Devil's Punchbowl by Greg Iles
  • The Life of Pi
  • The Colony by Jillian Weise

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

required reading for school
  • The Shack
  • Master Your Metabolism - Jillian Michaels

24 Hours - Greg Iles

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • I just started reading Naturally Thin by Bethany Frankyl. Someone here recommended it so I ordered it on Amazon.
  • Comanche Heart ~ Catherine Anderson

The Circus Fire ~ Stewart O'Nan
  • 'Shrink Yourself' by Dr Gould. I like 'pun-ny' titles. I'm only a few chapters into it but its been very helpful so far. Its written to help the emotional eater identify and work though issues that cause me overeat. I feel very pro-active, because I don't feel I will lose or keep of weight without dealing with the reasons that I overeat in the first place.
  • I just finished Rob Sheffield's Talking to Girls About Duran Duran and I loved it. His Love is a Mix Tape is in my top 10 books of all time (and if you know how many books I have read, it's pretty impressive to make the top 10).
  • Quote: The Shack
    That was an excellent book!!

I'm reading 'Three Cups of Tea' - Greg Mortenson, Precious - Sapphire (good but disturbing book, I didn't see the movie, I wanted to read the book first lol), and 'Ender's Game' - Orson Scott Card. It's a pretty interesting book. My cousin named his son Ender because of this book, so I had to get it and read it!
  • I'm rereading the Harry Potter series. I'm hoping to have it finished next week, then I have Tsar by Ted Bell. From wizards and magic to espionage and adventure! lol
  • I just finished "Girl who kicked a Hornet's nest" - 3rd book in the "Millennium" Series. The first book, "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", got me hooked and I just had to finish all 3 books. There are definitely some disturbing parts but overall a really good read.
  • i just finished reading shiver, a werewolf love story in the same vein as twilight.. i thought it was very good and can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.