General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Can be done very, very easily.
That's what I'm asking, though...by the pay sites??? Or is there a way to do it for free??? I just think it's a bunch of bull that people can get this stuff online but if I were to access it via NCIC/GCIC for personal use, I would have my certification yanked, be suspended w/o pay, possibly be fined, and possibly do prison time.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #47  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

One would definitely not have to use the site you mention and have no ties w/any law enforcement agency. There are many ways of looking up a license plate--just Google it and see. As far as specific methods, it depends on the state you are in. Once you have a name and address the amount of info. you can find on someone is truly infinite I am quite convinced. One must remember however, information found belongs to whomever the car is registered to. Of course, there are plenty of photos on the internet nowadays to ascertain photo identity.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
One would definitely not have to use the site you mention and have no ties w/any law enforcement agency.
Technicality, but it's not a site...it's the official database of licenses and tags (and criminal histories and so on) and is strictly monitored.

Sorry to take the thread off-topic...I'm done now, LOL
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #49  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Some people are SUCH twats. I'm so impressed at you for staying so calm and then not hitting the junk food after! If someone had a go at me like that, I wouldnt be able to resist a McDs so well done you!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxr1000gal View Post
Grrrr...I took my kids to Mcdonalds for lunch yesterday, which I do on Payday only, so I can make it special for them. I was in the drive thru, waiting, when some lady with an SUV moves ahead of me in the 2nd lane from behind me, after we had been waiting longer. I rolled down my window, and gave her a "look", and said loudly to my husband (driver), I hate when people cut. She proceeds to get out of her SUV, her mother in the car with her, and gets in my face and calls me a "fat slut", in front of my 3 kids in the back and her own mother. I roll up my window, get out of the car, while she is still calling me names (she was well in her 50's), as she is walking back to her car, and tell her how rude she is, and wish she wouldnt say things like that in front of my kids. I didn't know what to do. I thought getting made fun of for your weight ended like in middle school. Some people are so mean! My husband, of course is too shy to tell this lady to shut up, and I was almost in tears. Some nice lady did pull up next to me as we were leaving and told me how she thought it was amazing I didn't hit that lady, considering how rude she was being. She made me feel a little better, but now I'm in a funk, and feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat. It's not like fat people don't already know they are fat. I mean, really, did she think I just woke up and was like, Oh my gosh, how did that happen? Grrr..the nerve of some people.
Btw, the McD's was for the kids only. I went home and had a Grilled chicken sandwich, with lettuce, tomato on a whole wheat bun
She was 50? You could have taken her and cleaned the drive through with her face. You did take the high road though and did the right thing.Your children were watching so don't worry, you did okay.
BTW...I would have indulged in a large fry and carmel sunday after that situation. You did way better by going home and eating healthy.

Last edited by CrystalZ10; 08-02-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: cause my sucky computer cut me off before I was finished typing...
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #51  
It's a Working Progress

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow, that's pretty harsh. People can be so immature. And for her to say that in front of your kids?! I hope she realizes how hurtful she was and had a horrible day after that. Karma is not kind. Sorry you had to go through that, but so happy that you at least handled it maturely. Bravo for skipping the McDs. I ate there yesterday but only because the kid wanted mcnuggets. Doesn't justify my bad decision though, lol.
bnorah is offline   Reply With Quote