3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   My boyfriend came home from Iraq and saw the "new me!!" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/206687-my-boyfriend-came-home-iraq-saw-new-me.html)

mkendrick 07-09-2010 10:27 AM

My boyfriend came home from Iraq and saw the "new me!!"

My wonderful boyfriend has been deployed in Iraq since October. Immediately after he left, I dropped 10lbs. I was sad, stressed, and just in foggy haze after he left and it just caused me to drop weight apparently. That has never happened to me before. I had never actively tried to lose weight (although I had always wanted to), and I had never dropped weight because of a situation like that either. I was surprised at the sudden loss, and decided to keep going. Looking back, my first efforts were fairly pitiful but effective enough. I kind of calorie counted, but I had no idea what I was doing. It worked though, and the more I lost, the more motivated I was, and the more I learned, and the more active I became in the process. Anyways, point being, you all know the rest of the story. I lost over 50lbs since October. And my boyfriend had last seen me when I was 180+lbs.

I told him I was "trying to live a healthier life and losing some weight in the process," but I never told him how much. He never knew my starting numbers or how much I lost. I sent him pictures, of course, but purposefully never sent pictures that clearly showed the significance of the change.

Well, I picked him up from the airport on Wednesday. First of all I ran up the stairs, knocking people out of the way in the process, and jumped on him. I cried, and we hugged for about an hour it seemed like, haha. Everyone else had already gotten their luggage. And finally he pulled away and said "let me look at you!!" He put his hands around my waist and touched all the new curves and bones that didn't used to be there, and he told me I was absolutely beautiful...And then followed by a few choice four-letter exclamations (he is a soldier, afterall, hehe). "Holy f***ing s***, you're TINY!" On the way home (the airport is a two hour drive), we had to find a country road....<wink wink>

But it's been absolutely perfect so far. He's had his hands all over me, which I'm sure he would have if I lost weight or not, but instead of worrying about "oh my gosh, he's touching my tummy" and "ew, I bet he can feel my back roll!" I love it. I WANT him to touch my tummy and I can just enjoy all of it. And he picks me up all the time, I sit on his lap and don't worry about squishing him, and I feel absolutely tiny when he puts his arms around me.

It's been a wonderful few days, and we have about two weeks more of it. I'm on such a happy high right now, I can't hardly stand it, lol. The only reason I'm on the internet at all right now is jet lag finally caught up with him and he's sleeping in.

Oh, and skinny sex is, in a word, awesome.

:D

sweetnlow28 07-09-2010 10:29 AM

That's great :) I remember you mentioning in another post that your Bf hadn't seen you since he was deployed. I bet that was such a proud moment for you. Have fun ;)

caryesings 07-09-2010 10:30 AM

Very nice. Don't expect we'll be seeing much of you online the next few weeks...

neveragainbabe 07-09-2010 10:32 AM

awwww! i'm so happy for you!!

SCraver 07-09-2010 10:34 AM

Yay!! That is SO wonderful to hear! I am happy for your happiness!

parkedout 07-09-2010 10:35 AM

That is WONDERFUL!

I remember how weirded out you were when you heard "The girls either get fat or skinny" while their guys were deployed.

You are a success!

So proud!:hug::carrot::carrot::carrot:

chnkymonkey 07-09-2010 10:37 AM

WOW - so happy for you. Its wonderful.

Enjoy your time with him.

annie175 07-09-2010 10:39 AM

Wow Wow Wow

jkinboston89 07-09-2010 10:43 AM

Awww you've been waiting for this for so long and it sounds like it's even better than you'd imagined it would be! I'm SO excited for you and I don't even know you lol!!! YAY! Have fun, girl! ;)

Thighs Be Gone 07-09-2010 10:44 AM

I love this post! I can tell you are absolutely on Cloud 9. Enjoy this sweet, sweet time and savor every last detail of it. You deserve it. This is so exciting.

p.s. As far as your "skinny sex" comment. Ditto! :)

CanadianCutie 07-09-2010 10:44 AM

That's awesome!

L R K 07-09-2010 10:48 AM

That is very sweet :)

You have done a great job!

TJFitnessDiva 07-09-2010 10:55 AM

How awesome! Enjoy this time with your guy ;)

ennay 07-09-2010 11:00 AM

See you in 2 weeks! :D

muelle12 07-09-2010 11:07 AM

I just ran into the post and it absolutely 100% made my day!!!