shoe containers ?

• After finding a brown recluse in our house on Sunday night. [this is a first since moving to Texas 3 yrs ago] We fogged the house yesterday and now have an exterminator coming out friday or sooner to treat the attic, inside and outside the house. The exterminator told me that since this is the first sighting there is no need for an extensive brown recluse extermination. All we would need is a normal extermination treatment which is much cheaper.
    Now we're freaking out about the what if's when it comes to our shoes. I did find a spider in one of my shoes a month ago and quickly killed it but now this leaves us with a fear that a brown recluse can do the same. ((Shiver))
    I thought about buying those individual tupperware containers but then ran into those under the bed (as advertised on TV) 12 pair container.
    What do you all suggest, has anyone tried this container?
  • I personally use the rubbermaid containers, you can get them at the dollar tree ( or just about any dollar store) I only use them for shoes that I can not see the whole inside sole. For a fear of anything being inside of them. I like these since I can easily access and see all my shoes
  • I used to live in south TX, so I know how you're feeling. While I never found a spider in my shoes, I did find a scorpion in one of them! Fortunately I was able to spot it before I put my shoe on... Needless to say, neither he (she?) nor I was happy about the situation...