Why don't airlines check the toilets before flight?

• boobalah took a few days to go to Alaska to visit his brother. He wanted to do this before his earnest job search. The flight from here all the way up was great and ontime. However, he left Juneau today and landed in Seattle ontime. Then he sat on the tar mac for the better part of an hour before they announced that the toilets didn't work.

COME ON ALASKA AIRLINES! Don't they check these things before they start loading the plane, let alone boarding? Seems there has only been 1 flight out of Seattle for him that has been on time over the last year. That was last year when we flew to Seattle for his sister's celebration of life ceremony. We were delayed about 20 minutes while another plane had to make an emergency landing.

These 2+ hour delays seem to be the norm for him when he is connecting through Seattle.
  • I fly back and forth from Alaska via Seattle constantly.

Knock on wood, but it's been relatively good to me for the past few flights, but there was a 4-5 year period where I -never- left Seattle less than 3 hours later than we were supposed to no matter which airline.
  • Ohhhhh, Alaska Airlines....
  • We haven't flown Alaska Airlines since we sold the house in Washington, a few years back, but I don't recall major issues...

however...here is a potty story...

Angie and I flew Continental to New York and back last week...perfect flights both ways...

We sat near the back on both flights...the plane going was larger and had toilets in the middle of the plane...3 toilet options...I could see the people waiting to go...seemed like a normal amount of folks...a 5.5 hour flight...Angie goes twice I go once....

Now the flight back was a smaller plane...the entire time I swear there was a row of 10 people ALL the time waiting to go into the 2 toilet options...

Angie kept getting nudged as people passed and I was getting tired of someone always looking down at me....

I even grabbed Angie's paperback out of her hand and wrote..."This must be the potty plane to San Diego!"....which got a giggle and a head shake from the gal in the window seat too.