Buy or Lease a Car ?

• I Need Your Opinion, Pro's and Con's etc... on buying vs. leasing a new car...

I've always bought my cars, but I'm seeing a lot of nice deals on leases...

Has anybody leased a new car ?
    Would you do it again ?
    Did you buy your lease at the end of the contract ?
    I'm looking at Honda SUV's...

Anyone ?
  • I just recently bought out a car that I leased in 2006. At the time, I could only afford the cheaper lease payments, so in order to have wheels to get back and forth to work, that was the only way for me to go. After four years of making payments, however, instead of owning it I still had to pay extra thousands to call her mine. Because I went so many kilometres over the limit, and also due to damage from an accident, it made more sense for me to buy it than try to turn it in and get another (I just recently quit my job and went back to school, so getting a brand new car, for me, wasn't feasible anyway). I'm fine with my decision, and my car will do me fine while I'm in school, but the next time I get a new vehicle, after I finish my degree and go to work, I will be buying rather than leasing. Actually, I think with GM Canada, purchase financing is the only option now. Not sure about the other companies, since I've only ever went with GM.
  • SWEET-C I don't know much about it but Angie had mini-van that was leased when we met, when the lease was up it wasn't worth us keeping it....don't remember details...that was 14 years ago...but I do know we ended up buying a used car instead of keeping the lease.

Glad to see you doing your "homework"....

Good luck!!!!
  • Thank you for your input...........

I might wait till October "panic deals"...