3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Can we have a venting thread? Yay or Nay? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/198148-can-we-have-venting-thread-yay-nay.html)

milliondollarbbw 03-31-2010 12:20 PM

Can we have a venting thread? Yay or Nay?

I have found that there are times when I need to come here just to vent about something that is either weight or diet or weight/diet/society related. I think that there are others that feel the same way, too.

Rather than have multiple different threads, maybe we can have one thread where we can vent, get out how we are feeling, find comraderie or even be able to laugh at the things that irk us from time to time.

Anyone else up for this kind of a thread?

My vent currently is that it is really tiresome having people scrutinize or watch what I eat. Why? It isn't like I just took down a deer and plopped a cooked carcass on the table. I am just eating, like everyone else. But it bothers me at times when people seemed more interested than normal in what is on my plate, or what I brought for lunch. At times, it makes me feel like I need to eat in secret, or significantly undereat in front of others. :(

cathydoe 03-31-2010 12:32 PM

I hear you! It seems like when some people learn that "changes are being made in the food and eating category" it is a GREEN LIGHT for them to comment or scrutinize what I am eating. What is up with that!?

milliondollarbbw 03-31-2010 12:36 PM

That is why, for now, I am not telling certain groups of people. I don't want their unsolicited advice---often advice that is borderline preschool (You know that there is no cholesterol in fruit, right?). Sigh.

For me, I am feeling like I am at a point where I just need to not eat in front of certain groups. Even if we are all eating the same, if it is not a very healthy food, I sense more judgment. I have been through this before, and I do know that when I didn't eat in front of that group, I suddenly got more respect. Go figure!

KyAngel1975 03-31-2010 12:39 PM

Oh my gosh, I know exactly what you mean. I have a co-worker that sits beside me (we share a desk) and everytime I eat she is hovering over me, whats that, how many calories in that? The thing is this woman is bone skinny and eats sandie cookies and a bag of hershey kisses everyday and not gain a ounce, I'm not kidding. She also sits hershey kiss candy on my computer for me to "find" which I find very disrespectful since she knows I am dieting. She has been told by her doctor to eat chocolate bars each day to gain some weight and she is not gaining, makes me sick....

drake3272004 03-31-2010 08:11 PM

I have gotten to the point where I just don't tell anyone in the meat world when I am making changes to anything in my lifestyle. Otherwise everyone seems to be sabatoging my efforts!

CharlieBaby 04-01-2010 09:40 AM

KyAngel - I think your coworker is lying to you. Doctors don't advise people to eat chocolate bars. Dietitians advise patients to eat high calorie foods like winegums, and protein shakes (these are the two that stick out in my mind, my best friend is a dietitian), but they wouldn't suggest that she gorge herself on Snickers bars, or whatever else she is parading around with. You should pelt her with those little Hersheys kisses whenever she walks by. That'll teach her ;)

Seriously, just throw them away and don't bother saying anything. She clearly has issues.

SalaamDementia 04-01-2010 10:08 AM

Oh my god, I know how you feel. For some reason I just snap when someone looks down their nose at me while I'm eating and asks 'should you be eating that?' or 'is that on your diet?' Especially when its totally acceptable food that IS indeed on my plan.

milliondollarbbw 04-01-2010 11:41 AM

I am in need of a vent today, for sure. I am a bit upset because I talked to the ex yesterday, and he just made it seem like the break-up was all my fault and that I pushed him away with our arguing. I feel so hurt because we argued because of things that he wasn't doing in the relationship. I feel like I did so much for him and put my needs behind his because i felt he needed support. And he told me that he had been thinking about leaving for over a month before he actually did, though at that time, he wouldn't talk about things like that. Deep down I think he is a good person, but I feel like I did so much (which he says he appreciates), but he may not see me as a good girlfriend or partner because of the arguements. I just feel like I don't know about the trust. Plus, he is still talking with this person that he talked to when we were together that I felt was disrespectful.

I feel like I didn't ask for much in our relationship, because I was trying to be supportive, and this is how I am treated. Ugh.

I am also irritated by a person who from day one didn't know what they were doing, and no matter how hard I tried to be helpful, they always acted like they didn't trust my knowlege. Why? Why look down on a person repeatedly? I just don't get it. :(

Mikayla 04-02-2010 09:40 PM

I could use a vent thread great idea!

So my vent is: Why do people feel they need to justify the way they eat to me? I can't stand it, I eat the way I eat because I want a healthy body. Period. I wasted many years eating crap and I want to get it right this time. If someone else does not want to eat the way I do, I really don't care. There is no need to explain your choices to me.

1bighog 04-03-2010 07:22 AM

I'm new here and I don't make it a habit to complain about family online, but.......

PSA. When you borrow my truck to haul stuff, you return it with as much gas in the tank as when you received it...especially when you didn't leave your vehicle for me to drive. Also, if it's dirt you've been hauling, at the very least--freaking wash the bed of the truck out!!! I know my truck isn't as nice or new as your BMW, but it runs, it's paid for, and YOU needed it, so be courteous!!!! I don't care if you're family or not. Hmph.

milliondollarbbw 04-05-2010 04:24 PM

I am venting about the scale today. I get on it this morning, and I am up 2-3lbs. Ugh!!!! Sigh. I will just keep drinking water and avoiding trigger foods hopefully my weight will go back down.

Ruthxxx 04-05-2010 04:49 PM

We had a venting thread once. It went like this:

When YOU tell me I'm really needed at a quilting session, don't just hang out with the other biddies gossiping while I assemble the quilt for sewing! I feel as if I wasted my morning.

EZMONEY 04-05-2010 08:34 PM

I have NO PROBLEM with you texting as I pass you on the freeway...YOUR LIFE means absolutely NOTHING to me....

but MINE DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get the ***&%$^^### out of my lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milliondollarbbw 04-07-2010 12:04 PM

It is hard when you see people be so openly warm and accepting of others, but when it comes to you that act completely differently.

It is hard being joyful and friendly when you know that a person is not honest or dedicated, yet they are continuously praised. :(

bex 04-11-2010 09:14 PM

Ooo this is exactly what I need...

I am 21 and have been at university for 4 years now but feel like I am still in high school. My "friends" are awful. I have always been an honest and open person and if I have an opinion you are likely to hear it but in the last 4 years I have learned that these girls like to keep their opinions to themselves and b***ch about everyone behind their back.

So anyway I have new friends and they have made me see the light, the are amazing and also open and honest so I know if they have a problem with me I'm going to know about it BUT I am still hurting because of these old friends. . some of them I have known for 10 years and its really hard to let go. There are a couple of people within the group that I want to stay in contact with but its becoming harder and harder.

Ok rant over. That feels better. Girls suck. This is why I have been flatting with boys for the last 3 years. Haha.