General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #16  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

king bed and i freaking love it!! i want to feel like i'm alone when i'm falling asleep- i can reach my arm out and not touch him cause he's on his side. and that rocks!
we have done the sleep in the crack thing and once we had a horrid vacation where we were supposed to share a full. hahaha we are way too fat for that and frankly i don't want to feel him breathing on my neck all night. no thanks!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:35 AM   #17  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I guess we're a weird case - we have a full size bed. We both sleep better together in a twin or a full than in a queen or king because we're closer. Anything bigger than a full, and he's too far away. We're not really clingy otherwise, or big fans of PDA - but come sleep-time, we're inseparable.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Kaplods, I love your post! I would love to have separate bedrooms for sleeping. I've actually suggested it but it hurt my hubbys feelings so I dropped it. I sleep so much better when I don't have to nudge hubby to stop him from snoring. Sometimes nudging doesn't work so I just have to live with it....sigh. To be like the royalty of old, separate bedrooms would be heaven. And you are right, that doesn't mean you can't have sex!!! But when the snoring starts it would be great to be able to retreat to my own QUIET space.

Oh well..... Thanks for saying out loud what I've been thinking for years!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 212/179/160 and TONED

Height: 5'8

My husband and I have a queen size select comfort. It's nice, because we can snuggle up for a bit at the beginning of the night, but since we have separate settings for how we like to sleep, we move apart after about 10 minutes. Trust me...I am FINE with this . I call hubby the man furnace--I can't snuggle with him more than that, or I get sweaty in bed. Yuck!
thenicole84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #20  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

KING. Between DH, his dreadful body pillow and the dog...KING.

We're so bad, when we travel, if we can't get king, we request two doubles! And with the kids, with two doubles, we each take a kid. He and I can not share a double and expect to sleep.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #21  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

King - my husband although he is tiny, likes to spread out. When we happen to sleep in a queen size bed, it can cause a rough nights sleep because he is always elbowing me. I'd rather sleep closer but with his habits, its not possible.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #22  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

We have a queen bed and we've shared a king bed before but no matter how much room we have my husband still will hog my side of the bed

He sweats like crazy in the middle of the night so I try not to bump into him unless it's a must to get him back over to his side
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

We have a queen, but my husband really wants a king. I think I would miss snuggles!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
We've been married 30 years and have always had just a full (double) bed. It's been fine except for the past year, when I've really noticed the difference that I am sorry to say I feel really overtaken, that I get about only 1/3 of space instead of half. When DH moved or turns over, the whole bed moves and I wake up then too. I can usually get back to sleep right away...usually.

I have had 2 people express incredulousness that we have such a small bed, I mean they were incredulous to the point of being kinda irritating ('I can't BELIEVE you guys have such a small bed!') well sometimes space is a valid concern, tiny bedroom and such. I must say that I think a queen size would be perfect for us now.

I bought a king sized comforter at Christmas for us, as I was hoping that would help some, that when DH takes 'his share' there would then be enough for me! There is enough comforter but now I don't like how heavy the weight of it is.

well you asked for opinions and you got my complaining one
My parents have always had a full sized bed too. I have that currently, but I sleep alone. I think I'd have to have a queen bed if I do ever share one on a reg basis.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

We've been married for 9 yrs. For the first half we had a queen. Then when the kiddos started coming we had to upgrade to a King because we co-slept with them. With 2 kiddos in a bed you kinda need the space. LOL
I've asked dh, when the last 2 (the youngest the the bun in the oven) get old enough to sleep in their own beds if he wanted to down-grade to a queen again. He said "Heck no, I like the extra room."
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyjordon2002 View Post
Well I have been married 6.5 years and we have 2 kids. Well me and my husband have a queen size bed and he likes to snuggle/cuddle while in bed, me on the other hand I hate being touched while trying to sleep or fall asleep. I don't mind snuggling when I'm not trying to fall asleep. We are currently in the process of getting a King size bed so that I can have more space. My husband is 6'2 and hogs the whole bed leaving me with 1/4 of the bed and he constantly moves or elbows me while he's sleeping.

I was wondering what size bed everyone has and how are you able to get a good nights sleep while sharing a bed with someone who hogs the bed? I Love my husband to death but I really need sleep and these past couple of weeks its been impossible to sleep threw the night without waking up constantly. So what are your sleeping arrangements with your significant other?
Someone else that needs their space,yay! My husband and I have a king sized bed,in a much to small room,but I love it.We cuddle,but when it's time to sleep...it's time to sleep!

Now with having a large bed,we've also had to get double the blankets,because as my husband says,I cacoon myself up with the blankets and leave him with nothing.That may be a little odd,but it's better then fighting over it.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #27  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoritsa View Post
Someone else that needs their space,yay! My husband and I have a king sized bed,in a much to small room,but I love it.We cuddle,but when it's time to sleep...it's time to sleep!

Now with having a large bed,we've also had to get double the blankets,because as my husband says,I cacoon myself up with the blankets and leave him with nothing.That may be a little odd,but it's better then fighting over it.
I get accused of cocooning too!! He pulls the blankets though. He claims I push them. Likely story!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 148/132.5/125

Height: 5'3

We JUST got married, so did not have much room for 'buying' a new bed, so our choices were either his bed (queen) or mine (a full). We picked his ;]. He is 6'4, and I am 5'3. He is far to big to be sharing a queen bed with me! I can not wait till we can get a bigger bed.
RynKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #29  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'm the bed hog. DH and I share a queen (upgraded from a full a little after we got married), no matter how large/small the bed is, I sleep in the middle. (I don't mean to, I fall asleep on my side and wake up smack dab in the middle every morning). So we'd probably be even better with a King, but our room just wouldn't hold it.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

It wouldn't matter if we carpeted the whole floor in my bedroom with a mattress, my SO would end up directly next to me every single time. I try to keep to my side and he just follows me over and some nights I actually get out of the bed, walk around to his side, and get in to have some room.

That being said, we have a queen but had a full for many years. I like the queen better. A king would never fit in my room, unless you wanted to swim across it to get to the closet.

We co-sleep with our almost 2 year old who takes after her daddy, so I really feel the cramp some nights. Separate beds? Good idea!!

Last edited by goodforme; 03-03-2010 at 01:32 PM.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote