This is why we do what we do! YUCK!

• I just wanted to share this...

I count calories using the 'zig-zag' method. I have been really low the past couple of days (1200ish) because I'm sick and was just not feeling like eating anything.

I forced myself to grab a burger from McDonald's tonight to reach my calorie count because even if I ate all the chicken breast and veggies in the house, I wouldn't come close to making my calories for the day!

I got a quarter pounder with cheese (505 calories) and can I just say, EW! It was heavy, greasy, and salty. I felt queasy while eating it, then uncomfortably full, and now, starving with a sticky, dry throat an hour later!

I am so thankful that eating McDonald's is no longer fun! I'm gonna keep some high-calorie snacks on the top shelf to help me reach my calories if this ever happens again so I don't have to resort to this crap ever again!

Ew, ew and EW! What do they put in this stuff??
  • If you're looking for a good, high protein food, I always reach for Kashi GoLean! Rolls. They're a pretty decent number of calories, and taste GREAT considering that they're supposed to be meal replacement bars...most of the other brands I've tried have been too chalky/grainy for me.
  • How about keeping some nuts at home? A 1/4 cup portion is 200 calories. Nuts are exceptionally heart healthy, there was a study that showed that people who ate 5 servings of nuts a week had a 30% reduction in the risk of heart disease.

Nuts are a nutritionally powerful way to add a boost of healthy calories to your diet.
  • My favorite healthy way to make up a calorie gap is a couple of tablespoons of natural (sugar free) peanut butter. It comes to about 200 calories, and really isn't that large of a quantity to eat. It's even better with a banana.