General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Another SD peep checking in It's always gorgeous weather here compared to anywhere else. Even when we complain about it being gray or cold - it never lasts long and its usually not other people's idea of bad weather. Come anytime

Last edited by GonnaTurnHeads; 01-13-2010 at 06:54 AM.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I used to live in SD just one year ago! I'm now in cold winter weather but I missed MD.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Like EZ, I live in the northern part of the county. I don't think I even own anything warmer than a hoodie. If we're going to be outdoors late I wear a sweatshirt, those cheap stretchy gloves, and shoes. The rest of the time I wear flip flops! Of course, after living in Pennsylvania for the first 17 years of my life just about any weather feels warm and DRY.

I hope the weather is perfect for OP's visit!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaTurnHeads View Post
Another SD peep checking in It's always gorgeous weather here compared to anywhere else. Even when we complain about it being gray or cold - it never lasts long and its usually not other people's idea of bad weather. Come anytime
I don't know, one of my scariest experiences was driving in some SD weather. Santa Ana winds + rain makes a scary drive.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Thanks to all of you. After seeing nothing but white out my window for such a long time I am looking forward to the change of SD.
I will take my hoodie, fleece jacket and "stretchy" gloves. Also my vest and some long sleeved shirts...that way I can layer or not. On the other end of the spectrum I will take capris and tees. I will pass on the bathing suit. Ha..

Stacy..I hail from PA and now live in IN, so I am sure I know what you are talking about

La Jolla here I come....
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Great choices SUE...

Today it was in the 70's...I was in a t-shirt most of the day...but had a sweatshirt on this morning and upped the heat to 68 in the house when I got home....lately it has been cool mornings and evenings and warm days...

again....rain all next week...so let's cross fingers you miss it!

Enjoy La Jolla...way cool there...I have worked there often....especially remodel work on the La Valencia Hotel....seen a few movie stars there....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #22  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks View Post
Thanks to all of you. After seeing nothing but white out my window for such a long time I am looking forward to the change of SD.
I will take my hoodie, fleece jacket and "stretchy" gloves. Also my vest and some long sleeved shirts...that way I can layer or not. On the other end of the spectrum I will take capris and tees. I will pass on the bathing suit. Ha..

Stacy..I hail from PA and now live in IN, so I am sure I know what you are talking about

La Jolla here I come....
Sounds like you've got good options planned. Today was a gorgeous day...I took a random picture on the street downtown at lunchtime, and posted it on Facebook just to tease my Minnesota friends.

Ah, La Jolla. I went to La Jolla High School, I know the village well. Make sure you make it there (by the ocean) and don't spend all your time in the Golden Triangle. Personally I also love North Park, University Heights, and Hillcrest. Arty, funky parts of town.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote