3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Hockey Fans Unite!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/187386-hockey-fans-unite.html)

EZMONEY 12-10-2009 09:01 PM

The only ice I see around here goes into Angie's ice tea or smoothie

babenwaiting 12-11-2009 05:38 PM

Okay, the Hurricanes play the Capitals tonight, and it isn't likely to be pretty. BUT if we can just give OvenChicken a few painful hits, I'll be happy! :mad: (Of course, he usually INJURES one of our guys first! :()

techie, was SO HAPPY to see that your guys took Ovie and the gang out the other night!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (What is this world coming to? Babe pulling for the Sabres against somebody? :p That should tell you how much I despise Ovechkin!!!)

LET'S GO, 'CANES!!!

techwife 12-12-2009 10:46 PM

Babe: I'm so sorry...I was just looking at the standings. Jeez. What a dismal year for Canes fans.

On a happy note...we just beat the rump rangers 3-2! WOOHOO... Snuggie: $20...microwave popcorn: $.50...recliner: $600...watching Lundqvist and Avery walk way with their heads down: Priceless. :lol3:

EZMONEY 12-13-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techwife (Post 3045253)
... Snuggie: $20...

Hockey fans across the nations cringed when TECH used the word ...snuggie...in a sentence...

techwife 12-13-2009 06:12 PM

Yes, but its the leopard print snuggie, Gary. My husband got it for me for my birthday and says its cougar print for when I'm watching hockey and say the guys are cute...in reference to me being a cougar. Cha...as if!! :lol:

EZMONEY 12-13-2009 06:21 PM

Puuuuurrrrrrfect!

If your husband is anything like me....he knows his women!

babenwaiting 12-16-2009 02:13 PM

What are we gonna do with Techie and EZ, talking about cougars, purring, knowing your women ... :o ... and I thought this was supposed to be a classy, dignified thread about the fine game of hockey. :D

Okay, the injured, somewhat elderly, bedraggled 'Canes are playing the Dallas Stars tonight, and I'll be in the lower section BEGGING them to dig down and just DO IT!!! :tantrum:

LET'S GO, 'CANES!!!!!! LET'S HAVE A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!!! :shocksn:

EZMONEY 12-16-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babenwaiting (Post 3049981)
..... a classy, dignified thread

WTHeck!? Babe used the words dignified AND classy...to describe a thread on hockey....

we will not stand for that.....or will we!?

babenwaiting 12-16-2009 10:32 PM

Holy Tuomo Ruutu!!! (Hat Trick!)

Carolina Hurricanes 5, Dallas Stars 3

Take THAT, ESPN, who said it should be an easy win for Dallas!!! :mad:

Coondocks 12-17-2009 12:01 AM

I think I may be alone in this one but it's all about the Cannucks for me . . . Luongo, Kesler, Sedins . . . . what more do you need??

techwife 12-17-2009 09:53 AM

Luongo is a treasure, that's for sure!

Babe, that hat trick must have felt good. I always thought anyone named Ruutu was a rabid piece of falgocarb...but your Ruutu is not the same as the one in Ottawa.

Ugh...speaking of Ottawa. No matter how well Buffalo is doign and how poorly the Sens are doing, they ALWAYS own us. No matter what, we can always count on the Sens to hand us our butts on a platter. Frustrating.

babenwaiting 12-17-2009 02:43 PM

techie, yes ... brother Jarko can get a bit(e) rowdy, can't he? :o Tuomo is a doll (goes to the same hair salon as me ... comes in grinning, leaves grinning, doesn't care who cuts his curls ... just a doll! I've never had the good fortune to be there when he comes in! :() When "the incident" with Jarko & your guy happened last January, I understand there was great hilarity in OUR locker room the next day, when Tuomo came in ... Some of the 'Canes pretended to be afraid to practice with him, wondered if it ran in the family, etc. :D Tuomo will knock you out of the RBC Center but ... no biting that I know of! :)

Last night was a fabulous game to be at ... we've won so few this year that strangers were hugging strangers last night!!! :D

techwife 12-17-2009 04:47 PM

Did you ever see Bruce Almighty? It takes place in Buffalo and Bruce gets to take over for God for a week and instead of carefully answering everyones prayers, he just says yes to them all. In the newsroom, mayhem breaks out as he hears, "THE BUFFALO SABRES HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP!!!" Your story of strangers hugging one another reminded me of that. Too funny. Of course, the Sabres winning the Stanley Cup WOULD require divine intervention....but I have never prayed for the Sabres...I feel God has better things to rescue than a bunch of overpaid athletes...in any sport. LOL

babenwaiting 12-20-2009 01:39 PM

Well, since I posted last, we've played the Panthers twice, lost the first, won the second last night at RBC Center. I will be there in the flesh tomorrow night to see the 'Canes play the Rangers, when I HOPE HOPE HOPE we can kick Avery & Brashear's collective butts! :mad: (But it won't be easy as our real tough guys are injured ... :()

So, techie, you guys are sailing right along ... I know you're a happy camper! :D

Oh, and no, not seen "Bruce Almighty" ... need to watch that!