Eating when your not hungry....

• Good Morning everyone tomorrow is thanksgiving yay! my fav eating day of the year obviously lol and I'm sure I've read here where others have asked about eating while your not hungry? I have been stressed a lot lately and have been eating bad for a few days and I find when I stay on track eating my healthier food I can barely eat 900-1000 calories a day but I keep eating till I get to my range which is 1350-1750...is it wrong eating when your not hungry? Even tho you are in your calorie range?
  • Hm. I have never had getting "enough" calories. In fact, I ate my way all the way to obesity! However, I do find there are some days I am very busy and truly don't think to stop and eat. I don't worry too much on it though as I have more than enough days I eat more than I should. I have never read the book, "Intuitive Eating" but from what I understand, learning and listening to your body cues is key to it's premise of retraining your eating habits.

ETA: I probably wouldn't eat if I didn't "want" to, unless I believed it was adversely affecting my weightloss.
  • I absolutely don't worry about eating more, on an occasional basis, just to reach a pre-set calorie quota.

If someone has an eating disorder or other issues, especially relating to anorexia or binging, they might have different needs and concerns than me.

And if it was happening often, I'd work on improving my intake. It's pretty easy to do with healthy fats and never choosing "diet" versions of foods. Sometimes if we eat so little for a period of time, hunger goes away, so not being hungry isn't always a sign that you're eating enough. Also, if you're not very active, getting more activity in can stimulate your appetite and your metabolism.
  • I've been walking/jogging 3 miles every other day and still the same reaction : \ but I've been doing that since way before I started its like nothing to me lol I guess I have to do more than that because eating so little doesn't seem healthy thanx so much