General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Your Thanksgiving Plans?

IT"S TURKEY TIME!

Don'tcha just love it?!!!

This year Angie and I are going to do something for Thanksgiving I have always wanted to do but was too selfish to.

I always wanted Thanksgiving for myself

Me get up...rest...watch football....eat...watch football....eat...watch football...eat...

And I had that many years...

then we started doing the Turkey Trot several years back on Thanksgiving morning....a nice 3.1 mile race before we eat we move our feet....that became the THING for me to do...

This year Angie and I are going to pick up a couple of young Marines from Camp Pendleton and take them to our church for the day where they can hang out with other young men in the our new youth room and gym. We will be eating with other church members and Marines.

I won't be able to do the Turkey Trot because it isn't over by the time we need to pick the boys up ~ I won't be able to sit in my recliner and watch football because we will be eating off folding chairs in the new gym (although Pastor says I can bring my recliner if I want ) Some of my family will be there...some of them won't...

a lot of things I won't be able to do...

It will be wonderful I'm sure

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My mom is coming back from the middle east (been gone two years) and we are having a nice family thanksgiving. My husband's family will be there, my sister's long term bf and his family, etc. I'd say total there will be at least 12 people coming- I'm so excited to see my mom again! She comes back the 15th!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #3  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

hubby has to work...i'm trying to look on the bright side. it'll be just us for dinner, he works from home so it's not like he's gone all day.
now i just have to make sure there's no turkey disasters like last year!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I just plan to watch football and eat with my dear friend and her family. I will eat healthy of course but I want me some pie!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

We'll be doing the same as we've done the past 17 years. My family has Thanksgiving dinner at 12:30 and DH's family has dinner at 1:00, on the other side of town 20 min. away. So DH and I get the spend the holiday apart...again...like every holiday. The kids usually stay with me, but we always give them the choice which grandparent's house they want to go to.

You would think I'd be used to holidays being like this, but it still pisses me off. One day I'd like to spend the holiday with my hubby!!
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #6  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

heyaim- that's just insanity! I don't blame you for being pissed. When my family lived here we tried to break things up and either spend some time with each, or do Thanksgiving with one set of family and Christmas with the other. There's got to be a better way!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

I'll probably be at my grandparent's this year, and attempting to eat reasonable portions. This is tough because of huge amounts of good food, of course, but i did all right last time they had a big dinner there. I want some pie too but only a little bit.. Last several years I was in another town and had to work so I haven't gotten to see my relatives on holidays for years really, so I will try to focus more on the visiting than the stuffing my face part, ha.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #8  

Well, I'm hosting Thanksgiving for the first time in my life, so I'm a bit nervous, but excited because my mom and sister will both be coming and we haven't spent a holiday together in many years. I sure hope they both play nice.

Early that morning my friend and I are going to go clean stalls and feed horses at the therapeutic riding center where we volunteer so the barn manager can have a day off too. Then we'll come home and start cooking. I can't think of a better way to start the day!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEYAIM...

When my first wife and I were married we had to split the time between both sets of parents...for us it wasn't a problem...lunch at one...dinner at the other...

then we divorced....and later I re-married...

Angie and I figured out that we would let my ex and Angie's ex have their Thanksgiving on Thursday (and we never have problems with them for holidays) and we would do Thanksgiving for us on Saturday...

worked real good for years...

then my son and daughter went and got married with in-laws...

stretch again....

we always work it out...

But my family is not that concerned what day we get together just that we do.

Is there any way to combine both families?

We have done that several times over the years.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Thanksgiving isn't done here, but the American Book Centre usually puts on a bit of a do, which is a lot of fun. They provide the turkey and everyone brings a side dish or a dessert. After dinner there is a bit of a sing-along. Thanks for the reminder, I will call them today.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

Well, it's hard to work things out when both families are so freakin bullheaded!!! I keep saying one day I'm gonna have enough money so we can go on vacation for every holiday! Probably sounds mean and ungrateful to some, but that's how I feel.

The crazy part of it all... We're the only ones on both sides of the family with in-laws!! No one else on either side has other families to go visit!!!! Both sides are just stubborn and selfish!!

I deal with Thanksgiving being this way. I did put my foot down on Christmas! We go see DH's family Christmas Eve and my family Christmas day. Both sides used to guilt trip us to be with them Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...for hours and hours and hours.

When my kids are grown and married, I WILL work every holiday out how ever I have to!! There's nothing more horrible than spending holidays away from my DH and him away from the kids.
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #12  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I'm glad I read this....Now I am going to look for a local Turkey Trot to run in.

I usually cook a big Thanksgiving dinner every year...and have tons of leftovers.
This year I think I will just go to a restaurant, eat my Thanksgiving meal, and go home. That way there are no leftovers.
Then I will make sure I hit the gym hard the next day.
MsDiana 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #13  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I work at Starbucks in a college town and I will probably be working. I don't mind because I'm the newbie and those kids should be home celebrating the holiday. Plus, we will close early enough.

I will not cook. When I divorced 4 years ago and moved in with my boyfriend, dragging along a teenage daughter, we set out to buck the system and instead of me cooking, we go out to a local restaurant. It works for us because the kid hates all forms of traditional Thanksgiving fare. Next year she will be living outside of our home and we might change things up a bit.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Because I go to school really far away from home, and my school is only giving us a short break, I'm going to be spending Thanksgiving with my two best friends in Boston. Just the three of us! I'm interested to see how our meal ends up, but well, I'm positive it will be delicious!!!!!

(I'm realllyyyyyyyyyy excited for Thanksgiving, if you couldn't tell!! It is the first time I've seen either one of them since Early August/Mid July)
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #15  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Flying to TN to see my Mom and my brother and his family the week before. We will be flying on T-day so that we can be back to work on Saturday.

I'm hoping that the airports and airline staff have something special planned for Thanksgiving. But in any case, we are blessed to be able to see family!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote