3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Hit a Deer Today, Feeling Terrible (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/185777-hit-deer-today-feeling-terrible.html)

ars 11-03-2009 10:13 PM

Hit a Deer Today, Feeling Terrible

I'm okay. The deer got up after 10 minutes and ran off. I cannot get the image of her flailing around after I hit her out of my head. The car was not damaged, so I can only hope that means I did not hit her hard enough to cause serious injury. I know I'm lucky, but I feel so so bad. I've never hit an animal - bird, squirrel or otherwise. Any ideas for getting the image out of mind? I've tried TV for a bit, but it keeps coming back to me.

bargoo 11-03-2009 10:19 PM

Be thankful no one was hurt, sounds like the deer was OK if it got up and ran off, It probably was just dazed a little bit. It wasn't your fault, be greatful it wasn't worse.

Iconised Ghost 11-03-2009 11:15 PM

I agree with Bargoo- if it got up and wandered off its probably not too bad :) These things happen, you handled it well and no one was killed :hug:

Windchime 11-03-2009 11:19 PM

I think the image will fade from your mind. It's strong right now because it's fresh, and because it was probably a surprise when it happened. Maybe it would help if, everytime you think about her flailing around, you follow that up with the memory of her getting to her feet and running off? Do you think that would help? I glad that you AND the deer are both OK!

kaybelle9 11-03-2009 11:59 PM

I have also hit a deer with my car.

Actually, I live in Northern Wisconsin. In Driver Ed, they teach you HOW to hit deer with your car...
Did you know that swerving to miss a deer is WAY WAY WAY more dangerous than actually hitting the deer? It's too easy to lose control of the car and have it roll.
Just know that you did the right thing to ensure your safety.

heyaim 11-04-2009 06:01 AM

Yeah, I agree wtih Kaybelle9! Most definately if the deer got up and ran off, he's probably fine. They're pretty tough animals!!

Glory87 11-04-2009 10:36 AM

I do love animals, but the most important thing is YOU are fine.

Suzanne 3FC 11-04-2009 11:43 AM

Accidents do happen, and I'm sorry for both you and the deer :hug: I don't know if they will do anything, but have you called your local Wildlife Commission to let them know about the accident? If they have someone in the area, they could look around to make sure he's not somewhere in the woods suffering, and tend to him if necessary.

evieistrying09 11-04-2009 11:52 AM

Oh, don't worry about it. The animal was fine, it was a total accident. No worries :)

:hug:

Slashnl 11-04-2009 12:10 PM

Time will take care of that image. You are ok and that is the most important thing. The deer was probably stunned, but then was able to get away, so it will be ok.

ICUwishing 11-04-2009 02:11 PM

Sorry you're traumatized, ars! :hug: And very, very glad that you're OK! They are incredibly destructive animals. Happily they also taste great and make terrific diet food. :D

ronni62 11-05-2009 09:51 AM

The image will fade. This happened to us just a couple weeks ago, too. Deer just ran into the side of our car on the way home from a football game (about 10 pm) and he got up and ran off too. Like someone else said, deer are very resilient animals and if it was able to walk off, it was ok. Don't fret any more about it, just watch on the roads-there are so many out there just trying to get run over! We had seen 6 in different places by the road that same evening before the one that hit us:dizzy:! Take care! Glad no one was injured and no car damage, either!:hug:

Pita09 11-05-2009 06:39 PM

I drive a Honda Fit (TINY car) and we live in a deer invested town. Hitting one is my worst fear. I'm glad you all, including the deer, made it out ok.