3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What is your favorite book series? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/185270-what-your-favorite-book-series.html)

starfishkitty 10-28-2009 04:23 PM

What is your favorite book series?

I know there's a "Whatcha readin" thread, but I'm curious as to what series out there people like. I'm a big fan of reading series... but they have to be good!

For me, it's:

all Anne Rice series
River God series, by Wilbur Smith
Kushiel's Dart series, by Jacqueline Carey
Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon
Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan
Black Jewels series, by Anne Bishop
Elemental Masters & Obsidian Mountain series, by Mercedes Lackey

And I could probably go on, but you know... :) I'll try and think of more!

Sheena41 10-28-2009 05:07 PM

The Twilight series by Stehpenie Meyer
The Undead series by Mary Janice Davidson
The Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn
The Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian
The Real Vampire series by Gerry Bartlett

Do you see a trend here? LOL

The Julia Quinn books are Regency romance books, and I like lots of other Regency authors

Chelby29 10-28-2009 05:07 PM

Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum Series. I'm SO in love with Ranger! ;)

srmb60 10-28-2009 05:21 PM

I'm on #17 of Ian Rankin's Detective Inspecter John Rebus series. This is the last one and I'm nearly heartbroken!

I'm very excited to read the next Sue Grafton "U" is out later this year, I believe.

starfishkitty 10-28-2009 05:27 PM

Sheena.... just a bit of a trend. ;) But hey... read what you like! :)

Ever read any of Anne Rice's vampire series? I love 'em. :) Her characters were the original literary vampire bad boys!

Sheena41 10-28-2009 05:36 PM

I have not read any of Anne Rice. I might have to try one.

CanadianCutie 10-28-2009 05:38 PM

Hmmmm.

Let's see.

The Incarnation Series by Piers Anthony (still haven't read the last 3, but they are on my list
Harry Potter by J K Rowling read the final book in one sitting, took about 28 hours, had someone ruin the 5th one for me, so I didn't want to take any chances, avoided the internet until I was finished)

Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon read the first and loved it, have the second somewhere (moved and misplaced it)

Just started Dune about a week ago, I am really enjoying it; planning on reading the series, at least as far as the original author took it.

jelder227 10-28-2009 06:04 PM

Amanda -

Please feel free to go on - you just found me one new series that I wasn't aware had been written - TY!!

ctokarek 10-28-2009 06:41 PM

Sookie Stackhouse series by Charline Harris is amazing

theCandEs 10-28-2009 07:13 PM

Of course, I love the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series.

I just read the first Sookie Stackhouse book, so I will be going for more.

I've been out of the "reading for fun" loop for awhile. I was getting my English degree. ;)

murphmitch 10-28-2009 07:23 PM

The Number 1 Ladies' Detective series by Alexander McCall Smith are excellent. I have ordered the series on DVD from Netflix to watch. I loved all the Harry Potter books.

FrouFrou 10-29-2009 12:04 AM

Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich
Alex Cross Series by James Patterson

Featherfire 10-29-2009 12:20 AM

Anything by Karen Marie Moning!!!

I will also second the Wheel of Time and Obsidian Trilogy series and add Heralds of Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey

On my more girlish romantic category book series listing, I've definitely got an addiction to Allyson James and Virginia Kantra novels!

TIARA 10-29-2009 12:42 AM

This one is my favorate....The O'Malley series by Dee Henderson
The Twilight series by Stehpenie Meyer
Harry potter series by J.K. Rowling

you know you love to read when you can read a book over and over again and still be excited to read it one more time lol

lizziep 10-29-2009 02:36 AM

The Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marrilier.
The Ender series by Orson Scott Card
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin - though the longer I have to wait the less of a fan of HIM i'm becoming... his series is amazing.

There are a few that aren't quite enough to be a series yet but I feel deserve a mention -
Patrick Rothfuss has a great start to a series with The Name of the Wind and Tad Williams Southmarch series - so far two books are out - is really really goodl.

I like my epic fantasy what can I say?!