So popcorn

• I've been sending bags of Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop popcorn with my husband for a snack every few days, and I'm eating one myself as a snack right this very second.

The bag says 1 cup POPPED is 15 calories. I've measured the bags I've sent with him before into a ziploc bag, and came out to about 12 cups total. So if my math is right, that's 180 calories per BAG....

Right? does that sound correct for a bag of low-fat butter popcorn?
  • that sounds about right
  • Sounds right to me too, I would have measured it out that way.
    Those dang popcorn bags, I get confused still sometimes. That brand sounds pretty good though, 180 calories for a whole bag!
  • My husband really likes the Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop kettle corn...same calories and he gets that little kick of sweetness, too...
  • I stick with the 100 calorie packs

I make popcorn a real treat at home- we put our popcorn in plastic serving dishes that look like old fashioned popcorn paper bags- makes it more fun IMO and the 100 calorie packs fit PERFECTLY in them
  • I'll look for the 100 calorie packs next time I'm at a real store.....those sound great to me!!
  • I get the old fashioned kernals and put a handful in a paper lunch bag, fold the top, and then microwave it. I can then put a little I can't believe it's not butter spray, maybe some herbs or some splenda if I'm after sweet. I think get the convenience of microwave popcorn and the calories and such of air-popped.
  • 180 calories = 1 cup of potato chips or 12 cups of popcorn

For TWELVE cups of snack, 180 calories seems like a bargain to me (hubby and I usually split a bag, but even so).