General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #31  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
At the bowling alley, he was my one and only. We are very Happy 31 years and 3 amazing kids later.
That is where I met my first wife and mother of my kids...and still a very good friend. When I first saw her I thought she was the cutest thing I had ever seen.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #32  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

anybody remember ICQ? He randomly chatted me one day, and was coming on pretty strong, it was obvious he was interested in ANYONE at the time if ya know what I mean. lol. Well I almost blocked him! But I was bored so I didn't and we talked on the phone a few times and he seemed really nice and we decided to meet each other.
So my parents dropped me off at his house, alone, and left! I was 19, but wow, they were taking a big chance that he wasn't a murder. lol. I must admit we were both going into it for just one thing... but we wound up with something else completely. We talked for hours and when I went home that night I told my mom I met the man I was going to marry.
I was right. We met almost 10 years ago, have been married for 7.
Sometimes a one night stand lasts years! Be warned!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
That is where I met my first wife and mother of my kids...and still a very good friend. When I first saw her I thought she was the cutest thing I had ever seen.
Funny, it was the opposite with us, he did not give me the time of day the first time we met, I was 17 and he was 21, it took a friend to, help him see that I was worth a second look. I can still remember that first time he held my hand, my knees were shaking and I was gliding on air, that nervous giddy laugh I had, so silly, but to this day it brings a smile to my face, when I remember May 21, 1976. I'm so very lucky
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/185/150

Height: 5'2

I had moved into town, and was sitting on my front porch when this guy walked out of my neighbors house. I watched him, and he and my older brother became friends. I was just his little sister to him then. For five LONG months, I pretty much stalked the guy. He just wouldnt give me a chance because of the four year age gap, me being his junior. Finally, we were sitting in his car, on a rainy day, ARGUING BADLY. I said something like "Well fine, if you're too much of a pus.." I'll leave that word at that.."To ask me, then fine! Will you be mine?" He said yes...and, that was August/Twenty-First/Two Thousand and Seven. Two years later, and we're still working it out...I love him.
AutumnArsenicx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:34 AM   #35  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

We met at "homeschool" highschool -- We were friends for a while (probably a year or two?) before going out. When I was 17 and he was 16 when we first started talking seriously, and began dating on September 29th! -- this is going to be our 7 year anniversary on Tuesday!
I can't imagine anyone else in my life but him
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 AM   #36  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I had just moved to Alaska from England for college - I didn't know anyone. In our "Introduction to college" hall meeting, I mentioned that I was new here, and had spent most of my time watching the National Geographic channel instead of playing in the snow with my roommates like all the other new cliques forming, because I hate snow, and didn't care for my roommates. The boss of the dorms agreed to let me move to a different room, and got the paperwork started.

That next week, My very shy, very quiet RA was hosting a 24-Hour film festival for dorm kids and right before it started, he ran all the way back to our building, up four flights of stairs to convince me to come. It was the only conversation I'd ever had with him - and still is. I grabbed my boots and coat and we ran back to the Commons and I sat at a table in the back of the dark room.

A group of people (four guys, and a girl) came rushing in at the last minute, and asked to sit at my table. The dorm boss lady then came over and said, hey, while you're both here, I want to introduce you to each other because this will be your new roommate. (I've been best friends with the girl ever since, and she's the best roommate I've ever had.)

As it turns out, dear BF, his three roommates, and my roommate/best friend had all been assigned to work together as a group for the 24 hour film festival, and they'd just lost all of their footage and had been disqualified early. So we all sat in the back and enjoyed everyone else's work, and dear BF, best friend and I went out later that night for coffee.

Two years later, I still enjoy midnight coffee with dear BF, and my former roommate is still one of my very best friends!

So if my roommates hadn't have been terrible, my RA wouldn't have felt sorry for me, so I likely would not have moved rooms, or have gone to the film festival, and I wouldn't have met two very very lovely, important people in my life

Last edited by GradPhase; 09-27-2009 at 04:29 AM.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #37  

Height: 5'6"

I met DH at a youth group retreat when I was 13. We became friends, and we were part of a huge group of friends all through middle school, high school, and college. I had a huge crush on him for years, but we were never single at the same time. Apparently he'd felt the same way. The first night we hung out with the big group and were both single, it just kinda clicked, and snowballed from there. We started dating in October, he asked me to marry him in November, and we got married in June. We've been married for 8 years, and I adore him.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #38  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

In grad school I asked a guy out to have a beer. He brought his friend - I was not happy - till "his friend" started telling stories. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Within 2 months "his friend" and I were engaged. Celebrated 18 years of marriage this year. Now he's my BF and he's still making me laugh!

Last edited by inthemidst; 09-27-2009 at 09:29 AM.
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

We met online, in an AOL Michigan chat room.

That was in 1999 we've been together ever since.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #40  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

My old college job. He was new in town and got a job there to get a gym membership and to meet cute girls.

He got both in the first week
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #41  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I was working for a company in Chicago area, traveling a lot as an engineering inspector/consultant. He was working at a plant I was sent to in Minnesota. He asked me out while I was there. Talked on the phone a lot (very high long distance bill$!) for almost a year, even after I transfered to Ohio. Moved to MN after he asked me to marry him. Lots of challenges as he'd been divorced before we met and had a son already (ex was and still is nuts). Married for 19 years next month, we've raised his son, have 2 more of ours, and now have a daughter-in-law and 4 grandkids too!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 262.5/249/135

Height: 5'4

He was my boss. I had a boyfriend, he had a live in girlfriend. We had an instant connection and within a month of meeting we'd both broken up with our bf/gf, then admitted we liked each other and started dating. It's been 7 years. We've been married 3, and have beautiful twin 2 year olds! When you know...you just know! The day I met him I went home and called my 3 best friends and told them "I just met the man I'm going to marry".
amkenkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #43  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

He sat next to me in a class one day. It all began there. He is the absolute love of my life and my soulmate. Should anything ever happen to him, there will never be another.

p.s. That was 20 years ago!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 09-28-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #44  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Food, when I first started eating it. NO really, haven't met mine yet.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #45  

Height: 5'9"

Awwww. All your love stories make me happy I hope I find Mr. Right someday.......
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote