a former underwear model gained 90 lbs on purpose, because...

• ...he's now a personal trainer and wanted to better relate to his obese clients. fascinating, what's he's discovering. i'm looking forward to the documentary!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...26723&src=news
  • I think it's nuts! With all we're learning about things that don't go 100% back to normal when weight is lost.
  • I think that is pretty extreme but I will say that I would relate better to a personal trainer that understood the struggle of trying to lose weight versus one that has never had to take that journey.
  • I say its his body but I would love to see what he comes up with...Being obese is probably hard.I have never been obese but I have been overweight...I was heaviest at pregnancy..After I have a baby it naturally comes off but I want to be ripped! lol...

He reminds me of that guy who did those documentaries mainly the one "super size me"...I had already felt mcdonalds was crap and I wouldnt eat it but that movie hopefully helped alot of people see the obvious...
  • I think he will relate to some degree with what we go through, however he may not struggle losing it at all. Many struggling with weightloss over long periods of time have emotional struggles that caused their obesity. Additionally, it can also be hormonal issues that have caused weight issues. There alot times is more to it than just eating......
  • The real problem is that he's spent most of his life fit, being overweight doesn't really give him any insight to what it's like to be unfit and overweight for decades. He may not be able to workout as he did, but he has the base fitness that most people trying to do the same rarely have.

I admit that it's perhaps a bias I have but I'd probably be more comfortable with a trainer that had been overweight at some point. Not so much one that did it as a stunt (look at all the PR, and their filming a documentary).
  • Quote: I think he will relate to some degree with what we go through, however he may not struggle losing it at all. Many struggling with weightloss over long periods of time have emotional struggles that caused their obesity. Additionally, it can also be hormonal issues that have caused weight issues. There alot times is more to it than just eating......
    Plus he knows how to eat well and make it a habit. Sure he formed some bad habits but I'd think they would be easier to break then people who have had food additions and lived obese all our lives.

I'm not sure how I feel about him doing that, but it's interesting to see someone attempt to make the effort. Too many trainers have no idea what it's like and often try to get people doing things that are downright dangerous at a higher weight.
  • I'm just amazed at how different he looks...not just his body but his face. I wonder how he is dealing with the mental side of things? Does he find that people treat him differently? How is his love life affected? Interested to see the documentary.
  • wow! that was crazy. he does say that he is having emotional issues because of the weight gain. wow! at least he is trying to relate to his clients at least he gets to see what it's like on the other side of the fance.
  • Someone needs to tell him to get a longer shirt!