General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Income Qualifed Housing Question

I think I may be qualified for this. I am wondering if anyone here knows the steps I would need to take to find out if I am qualifed? Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction, and or tell me how I would be able to tell if I am indeed qualified.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I did a search for 'low income housing wisconsin' and came up with a bunch of links. Here is one that is a government page:
http://commerce.wi.gov/CD/cd-boh-Home.html
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

You can maybe contact your local food stamp office and ask where to apply for section 8....or....just directly apply to any low income apts in your area. They will tell you if you qualify. Good luck..
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If you search on (your city and state) and Public Housing Authority, you will likely find the contact number for your area.

There are also social service organizations that will know the services available in your area, and may even be able to give you a directory. Usually United Way is often a participant in the creation of such a directory (if one exists) so it's usually the first place I call when I'm looking for community resources.

There may be many programs in your area that you qualify for. If you can find the major social service provider in your area, you can call to speak with someone who can link you with those services.

Make sure you compare rents in your area, because income-qualified doesn't necessarily mean most-affordable (and isn't synonomous with Section 8). For example, my husband and I (we're both on SSDI disability) qualify for some income-qualified housing (but not for Section 8). In our our area, the standard for income-qualified (Section 8 may be different) is 30% of all income. In our area, it's possible to find nice (nothing fancy) apartments for considerably less than 30% of our income.

Last edited by kaplods; 08-04-2009 at 06:24 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #5  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hope this helps Born... Usually your state name .gov will get you to a bunch of service info... good luck...
http://www.wifrontdoorhousing.org/te...41249426709752

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 08-04-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote