3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   What's Your Favorite Song and/or Music Artist? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/178391-whats-your-favorite-song-music-artist.html)

Onederchic 08-04-2009 12:45 PM

What's Your Favorite Song and/or Music Artist?

Yes, I am on a music kick today, sorry :p

I am looking for some new music to listen to :D

I really don't like gangsta rap or death metal but open to pretty much anything else so gimme your best :D

Amy8888 08-04-2009 12:56 PM

First, can we maybe make this a sticky? I see this request a lot and it would be nice to have one thread where people can go to as a constant resource!

NOTE/Dislaimer: My exercise playlists are not representative of my typical musical tastes.

Here are some good ones that get me going a little faster:

-Womanizer-Britney Spears
-Mercy-Duffy
-American Boy-Estelle featuring Kanye West
-Ska from my college days and No Doubt
-Disturbia, Please Don't Stop the Music-Rihanna
-Kelly Clarkson's faster stuff
-Pink's faster stuff

I'm looking forward to reading more suggestions!

nelie 08-04-2009 01:08 PM

I am living in the 80s lately :) I have been listening to itunes Radio Big R 80s radio. Usually when I'm at home, I'll put it on and listen to it while I'm doing whatever.

Onederchic 08-04-2009 01:26 PM

Thank you Amy for all the great suggestions :hug:

Thanks nelie too, I like the 80s :D

CamiToo 08-04-2009 02:02 PM

I stick mainly to dance tunes or faster songs for working out. Some favorites include:

Pink - Get the Party Started, Sober
Britney Spears - I'M a Slave 4 U, Freakshow, Boys (Co-ed Remix), Stronger, Gimme More, Toy Soldier, Break the Ice, Circus, etc
Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle, Fighter, Dirrty
Rihanna - Shut Up and Drive, Push Up On Me
Shakira - Hips Don't Lie, Don't Bother, Whereever Whenever, Eyes Like Yours, La Tortura (can't understand this one but it's upbeat and a super cool music video LOL), adding She Wolf as soon as CD comes out
Samantha Fox - I Wanna Have Some Fun
Divinyls - I Touch Myself, Back To the Wall
Sweet Sensation - Take It While It's Hot
Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl
Morris Day - The Walk, Jungle Love
Berlin - Pleasure Victim, Masquerade, Sex (I'm A...)

Thinking of adding some Lady Ga Ga ...

MugCanDoIt 08-04-2009 02:23 PM

Im so glad you asked this! I am so tickled with what I am listening to right now and I wanted to share it with you guys cause its a super great cd for walking and running, ya know, it gets ya goin...

Michael Jackson-Blood on the Dancefloor

There are a few new songs on there plus there are remakes of some of his previous songs, but made with a Re-MIX.

Its awesome! And I do love me some Michael Jackson. Bless his heart. And those of you who think 'why is she listening to a child molester'? I seriously think that whole issue was fabricated by money hungry people....I believe he is and was innocent.

Onederchic 08-04-2009 02:37 PM

Thanks MugCanDoIt :)

(and hopefully no one will start a debate here over MJ, please, this is not the place for it, thanks :) )

MugCanDoIt 08-04-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onederchic (Post 2859530)
Thanks MugCanDoIt :)

(and hopefully no one will start a debate here over MJ, please, this is not the place for it, thanks :) )

Yes I agree.....:)

Deana 08-05-2009 08:27 AM

I listen to alot of hip hop (not gangsta rap lol) and techno when I workout, my favorites are:

Kanye West - Stronger
Kanye West - Flashing Lights
DJ Tiesto - Just Be
Tiesto - Olympic
Jes - Imagination (Kaskade Remix)
Armin Van Buuren ft Susanna - If you should go
Black Eyed Peas - Bom Bom Pow
Black Eyed Peas - Shut up (Remix)
Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk with my Heart
Keri Hilson - Turnin' Me on
P. Diddy & the family - Is this the End
P. Diddy ft/Twista - Is this the End (Part 2)

Devsmama 08-05-2009 08:32 AM

I love Maxwell, but I can't work out to him. So I am really on Prince, MJ, 80s Madonna, well, anything from the 80s especially 80s hip hop.

Onederchic 08-05-2009 11:14 AM

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

And really, they don't have to be songs for working out. I am just wanting some new songs for general, everyday listening :D

junebug41 08-05-2009 12:04 PM

Great music I've been into lately:
-Jose Gonzales
-Fleet Foxes
-Bon Iver
-Spoon
-Sara Watkins
-David Gray
-MGMT
-Yeah Yeah Yeahs

luvja 08-05-2009 12:06 PM

My most favourite song in the world is :love: Rompin Shop by Vybz Kartel & Spice :love: I listen to it atleast 15 times a day.

Now, it is Jamaican reggae/dancehall. I don't know it would be your cup of tea or not, but a lot of my friends who aren't into reggae, love it. It's simply a-m-a-z-i-n-g :)

Onederchic 08-05-2009 12:16 PM

Thanks Jen and luvja :D :hug:

EZMONEY 08-05-2009 08:40 PM

Are you aware that if it isn't Neil Diamond it isn't really music?