General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Follow-up: I just went out and checked my mail. Today I got the final bill showing the whole amount was deducted from my checking account. That just adds insult to injury sending the bill 3 days later after the money has already been removed from my account. I talked to my bank about disputing the charges and having the money put back into my account. Their response was that basically it would do no good. The cable company could resubmit it everyday until the dispute is settled. My only option would be to change bank accounts which would mess up mine and DH's direct deposits.

Anyway, I've driven myself crazy over this stuff, so I'll try now to wait and see what happens in response to my written letter. And Megan, yes I did have my bank notarize and make copies of all of my correspondence.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #17  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

In your local city newspaper, do you have anything called "The Fixer"? Here in Chicago (The Chicago Sun-Times) and they actually take on cases like this for you and pretty much harass these *sshole companies into doing the right thing. And it usually works!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #18  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

i would go over to The Consumerist (consumerist.com) and send them a letter. they often help people wronged by companies. and it's a great site in general.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #19  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I think writing the letter to the editor of the newspaper is a good idea.

Also, contact your congressman. How many other people do you think they're dong this to? Also, what about your state elected official? If you don't know who they are, the elections office can usually tell you if you give them your address. This is how laws get changed, when someone says, "That isn't right."

Many utilities have franchise agreements with cities, a contract where they city gets money. If this is the case with yours, contact your local city council person and complain so that they know how the company is doing business.

There's also the Better Business Bureau.

Lastly, it seems like you should be able to get some help from the family support people in your son's unit.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

hugs LILY!

Here in San Diego we have on the local television news a show called TURKO FILES...a tv guy that goes after things such as this...

fight on .....fight on!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #21  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi Lily, First Thank you for your son's service to our country..

I find this outrageous. If you don't mind... I would like to know if this company knew they were dealing with the mom of US veteran ? They should be embarrassed.

I just want to reach out and give you a hug, this must hurt so much, I'm so sorry...

If you haven't already you may want to try contacting any or all of these people....

This is a link to the OK State House of Rep, names of Energy and Utility Regulation Committee... http://www.okhouse.gov/Committees/Co...bcommitteeID=0

This is a link to the OK State House of Reps Veterans Affairs Committee
http://www.okhouse.gov/Committees/Co...bcommitteeID=0

Good luck with all of this... I would hope someone there would help you... shame on them if they don't at least try to remedy this... I know its hard, but keep pushing... someone will give you the attention you need very soon....

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 07-27-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

It may not help since it was in your name. But there is a thing called the "Soldier/sailor act". If you have a power of attorney to hook it up, it may be able to work. But essentailly (i don't remember all the details since i've been out the army for a few years) but if a soldier was deployed/transferred etc...it enables them to get out of contracts/leases they may have. You may have to talk to a manager and or talk to a lawyer. The issues may be since its in your name...but see about it.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 250.2 | 205.2 | 130.0

Height: 5'4"

I'd spend a lot of time fighting for $400.00. Even if you get *some* of it back, it would be great!
zea mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #24  
It's all about the fluff.

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the contacting your congressperson point. My friend's sister works in our congressman's constituent relations department and this is what she does all day long. I'm continually surprised at some of the stories she tells - and most of the recipients of her phone calls are quite happy to help once they realize where she's is calling from.
everanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #25  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Wow, Lily, that really sucks. I would hope you would get a response and letter of apology after your documents are received and read by upper Management of the Cable Company. IF, no response is received within 10 days, I would definitely call the local news channel, as I am sure they have an investigative team who does reporting on matters such as this. I would also call and write the BBB (Better Business Bureau) as they are awesome here in Florida and handle matters like this immediately. I know it will all work out, but unfortunately not soon enough I know.

Please tell your son thank-you for what he is doing for all of us. My father was in the military for 25 years. My husband was a Navy Seal and now both of our children serve. My daughter in the Navy and my son in the Army.

Blessings to you!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #26  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

bump...
How's it going Lily ?
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #27  
Operator265

Here's the resolution thread SC.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ade-right.html
Old 08-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Keep fighting it lady, if you have to call the owner of the company or someone in HR.Also contact a lawyer. Thank your son for me for his service I salute him and you
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote