Hot Dog Love

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • OK TEAM ~

We are having our annual shuffleboard tournament tomorrow evening. Due to our work schedule we didn't know if we would be working or not so the family was put on "hold"...

Work is off for tomorrow so the tourney is on...but at this late notice Angie and I decided hot dogs would be the best bet for the 30 or so that will be here and the easiest for those to bring side dishes.

We have plenty of ideas on what to load the dogs with...but

What do you put on your hot dog?

and...

What are your favorite side dishes?

Always looking for a new twist
  • I don't eat hot dogs but my boyfriend does and he only puts ketchup and mustard. He is pretty boring

As for sides, I use to love potato salad and baked beans but I haven't had either in forever.
  • Hot dog - mustard, picalilly, tomato wedges, thin sliced cucumbers, celery salt and I pass the sport peppers to the guy behind me

Side dishes - chilled fruit salad or grilled fruit kabobs, pasta salad with peas and a bit of onion and baked chips if you have enough calories to spare.

Nothing goes better with hot dogs than beer, especially an ice cold root beer.

Have fun at the tournament!
  • Although I don't eat hot dogs anymore, I'll share how I used to eat them. I like relish, brown mustard, grilled onions and ketchup. I also like chili and cheese. And sauerkraut on occasion.

As far as side dishes, I like spicy french fries, potato chips, beans and potato salad.

• sauteed onions and peppers are my toppings of choice, but in a pinch, chopped onions, spicy mustard and catsup.
  • Quote: Hot dog - mustard, picalilly, tomato wedges, thin sliced cucumbers, celery salt and I pass the sport peppers to the guy behind me
    This, only I load up the peppers too! On a soy hot dog, but still yummy!

DH puts grilled onions and shrooms and spicy mustard on his National Hebrew reduced fat hot dogs.

As for sides, nothing - I repeat NOTHING - beats ramen slaw and fruit kabobs for us!
  • mashed avocado!!! mmmm. but i'd put that on anything.

mayo and ketchup and onions- sauteed if i'm not lazy. sounds like a win to me.

as for sides- fresh veggies grilled is yummy - zucchini and squash especially. I'm making some green beans with mushrooms with bacon for a side to our bbq this weekend.
  • Thank you gals! You are all invited!

I went to the store and loaded up after my walk this morning.

Going to be a little of everything! I got turkey ~ low fat ~ high fat ~ long and short hot dogs ~ wieners

It is our monthly family get together today with the annual shuffleboard tournament....everybody wants to win the trophy Angie picked up last year at the thrift store...the one she glued the "jewels" on

I hope your day is fun!
  • On my way EZ!!! j/k

Enjoy your special day with the fam!
  • We always seem to have fun....thank you Sunshine
  • Please post a picture of the trophy Gary. Or rather, can you please ask Angie nicely to post a picture for us.
  • Quote: We always seem to have fun....thank you Sunshine
    You're welcome!
  • No-beans chili and cheese.
    or spicy peanut satay sauce.

Have fun!!!
  • That sounds like fun, hope it's a great day!
  • It was a great day.

My sister and brother in law won the tournament...they took home the desired trophy!

I think I have the picture in Angie's computer....I will see and pull it up after church.