Buying/selling forum here?

• I just reorganized my closet, and the thought dawned on me (as I was sorting through various sizes of clothing of mine ) that it might be a good idea to have a buying/selling forum here at 3FC. With everyone losing weight and needing new clothing it might be useful. I'm a member at a couple of parenting boards and we do it with children's clothing and other items. It would be more frugal than having to buy new items each time we drop a size.

Thoughts?
  • It's been tried and didn't work out. It's best to keep the exchanges IRL. You can also donate. There are a lot of people out there who could use the help, both those who need the clothes and the charities that are struggling.
  • Yep - Operator is right. It has been tried, but there were a LOT of issues and we no longer allow this kind of exchange on the boards.

However, there are plenty of places to sell your used clothing (EBay, consignment stores), as well as lots of groups that could really use the donations at this time.
  • Maybe if you are currently selling you can post a thread to let people know with a link to the auctions on ebay or half.com or wherever you use?
  • No, sorry. That's advertisement for a sale, and against forum rules.
  • Oh- didn't realize that was against the rules- sorry. My husband belongs to a forum where if you have over like 100 posts you can post a link to your auctions.
  • That's too bad that it didn't work out. I'll be happy to send them to Goodwill when the time comes.
  • Goodwill is where I tend to donate quite often. Women and children shelters are good to give to as well.
  • Goodwill yeah. Also Salvation Army, Savers, any other thrift stores where you are (my mom and I always donate our stuff to Arc's stores because they have periodic pick-ups in the Twin Cities)