Icee/slurpie fans

• Who doesn't love an icee on a hot day? Well guess what, my calorie/carb-counting friends, 7-11 sells a crystal light slurpie, just 4 calories per ounce.

Heavenly, I'm telling you.
  • I looooove those. I liked the peach mango, the cherry limeade was my favorite... the raspberry is meh and the wild strawberry they have now is ok. I have a 7-11 across from my office. I usually get a refill on my way home and put it in the freezer as my treat before bed.

I love them!
  • I bought a Hawaiian ice shaver a few years ago, and make snow cones and slushies at home with Crystal Light packets or tubs (I add less water, to make a "syrup" so the flavor isn't washed out). In the summer I have that thing running several times a week (if I had bought the hand-crank version, I would have burned a few extra calories, but I wimped out and bought the electric one).
  • My version of heaven has an electric ice shaver.
  • I haven't had a Slurpee in years and years but I have to admit I was one of the original Slurpee kids...junior high (that outta date me!) when they hit the 7-11 up the street....awesome...I think we only had cola and cherry.

7-11 what a store...just a year later, at 14, I was able to buy cigarettes there....with a note (written by me) from my mom....thank goodness kids can't do that anymore!

I should have stuck to the Slurpee's!
  • Mmmmm....you just gave me a blender idea.
  • I loveeeeeeeeeeeee it! But it seems like every time I try to grab one, 7/11 is out of the crystal light! It's like DEAR GOD WHY?!