3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Summer Movies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/171626-summer-movies.html)

blueberry3 05-13-2009 11:23 AM

Summer Movies

My favorite movie season - all the fun movies come out! A lot of big blockbusters are on the way - Transformers :D and HP :D Oooh, and The Proposal! :D :D

What are you all looking forward to this summer?

FrouFrou 05-15-2009 12:53 PM

I haven't seen anything I would want to pay to see at the theater in quite sometime. Hoping something comes out soon!

mayness 05-15-2009 01:35 PM

Saw Wolverine, it was very good but not incredible, could have saved that money lol.

Definitely going to see Star Trek, Transformers, and possibly the new Terminator movie.

I rarely see comedies in the theater (the big screen is great for explosions and car chases, but doesn't do much for comedy) but I might make an exception for The Hangover. That looks HILARIOUS! I LOVE Zach Galifianakis (yup, I had to look up how to spell that, lol).

zanheltangia 05-15-2009 03:07 PM

:)

Saw Wolverine and The Soloist. Other than that, I am waiting to hear about some 'great movie' or 'you HAVE to see THIS ONE' from friends. No luck lately. ;)

Stripes 05-15-2009 03:25 PM

transformers cos im a big kid hehe

Lissus 05-15-2009 03:30 PM

Lots of good movies out. Just saw Wolverine and Star Trek, and still have Angels & Demons, Terminator, Harry Potter and Transformers to look forward to.

EarthWhispers 05-16-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissus (Post 2743366)
Lots of good movies out. Just saw Wolverine and Star Trek, and still have Angels & Demons, Terminator, Harry Potter and Transformers to look forward to.

Saw the same movies and have the same on my "To See" list. Loved Star Trek. Wolverine was good, but not great. Most looking forward to Harry Potter (which is sad because I'm 30). :D

janellody 05-16-2009 11:05 AM

I saw Star Trek and it was great!! I have always been a Trekkie so I am biased.. but my husband hates Star Trek the show, and he loved it too! So, it must be good!

blueberry3 05-19-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayness (Post 2743190)
Saw Wolverine, it was very good but not incredible, could have saved that money lol.

Definitely going to see Star Trek, Transformers, and possibly the new Terminator movie.

I rarely see comedies in the theater (the big screen is great for explosions and car chases, but doesn't do much for comedy) but I might make an exception for The Hangover. That looks HILARIOUS! I LOVE Zach Galifianakis (yup, I had to look up how to spell that, lol).

Yes, the big screen IS for explosions and car chases galore (hence why I am totally looking fwd to Transformers and Terminator: Salvation) but I'll see comedies in theaters if the cast appeals to me - hence, why I'm looking forward to the Proposal. To me, you can't go wrong w/ Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds and Betty White...as is demonstrated in this clip. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanheltangia (Post 2743327)
Saw Wolverine and The Soloist. Other than that, I am waiting to hear about some 'great movie' or 'you HAVE to see THIS ONE' from friends. No luck lately. ;)

How was The Soloist? The summer movie season is young yet, there are still 3 more months for you to hear about THAT movie you have to go see! :)

biosci02 05-22-2009 09:36 PM

I want to see the new Night at the Museum movie. I like the first one, so hopefully the sequel will be good..

Shopaholic1204 05-24-2009 02:13 PM

I'm excited for GI Joe, Transformers, Harry Potter, My Sister's Keeper (I cant remember when that comes out, lol. But I really wanna see it), Land of the Lost, Year One (not sure when that comes out either..but it looks super funny), Funny People. Umm...I cant think of anything else.

blueberry3 05-29-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janellody (Post 2744196)
I saw Star Trek and it was great!! I have always been a Trekkie so I am biased.. but my husband hates Star Trek the show, and he loved it too! So, it must be good!

I finally saw Star Trek and it was amazing! I loved it...I'm not a Trekkie, really, but I was definitely blown away. The casting was excellent as well. Good way to start off the summer movie season, I think :)

I also saw The Proposal at an early screening and thought it was hilarious! Sandra Bullock doing comedy is always nice to see - she's so goofy and is great about laughing at herself. I love Ryan Reynolds more, though and Betty White totally stole the show. So far, 2 for 2 on my summer movie watching!

Clydegirl 05-29-2009 03:01 PM

We will be going to see "Up". It looks really good and is getting good reviews.

ArmyAng 05-29-2009 05:55 PM

Can't wait for Harry Potter!!!!!

jules1216 05-29-2009 06:03 PM

Is the Proposal the one with Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds?? If so that's one my daughter and I may have to get a babysitter for the boy and go see...