General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #46  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4life View Post
hahaha yes I like that feature about the place I found....appointment by email.
I would hate to walk up and say "I would like a Brazilian wax." I remember once going to a spa sort of place where they had a bunch of seats with women getting Mani/Pedi's, as soon as I came in everyone looked over at me. I asked for a eyebrow wax and I could feel everyone's eyes on me as the girl led me to the back. LOL I would rather go to an actual body wax place to do this number.
Where in Texas are you? We have a small chain called Waxing The City and it's divine. All they do is wax and they do it very well. They do online booking and it's not weird at all because well, we're all doing the same thing. The reason I asked is because they just opened one in Dallas.

Last edited by junebug41; 05-06-2010 at 04:23 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 208/177/160

Height: 5"4

I am working up the nerve to get it done. My appointment is booked for next week. Lately I have been obsessed with waxing! I always used to just get my eye brows done. Now its my upper lip, arms, next up underarms, full leg and brazilian!
Mellabella01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/120; 147/156/120

Height: 5'7"

What is the point in getting a Brazilian wax?
MiniChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3

I've been wanting to get one. I just started getting my eyebrows waxed and I love it. I'm trying to work up the nerve to get a Brazilian done because I hate shaving!

I'm a little intimidated though because I am not a size 2. Hopefully I can get the courage to do it soon. I just moved to the Dallas are and am looking around at places.
Bella3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #50  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I've got my appointment booked for friday! eeeeek! I'm nervous and also very excited. I always feel super sexy after shaving down there so I can only imagine how sexy i will feel with everything gone! hah!

I asked the lady on the phone if they used any sort of numbing cream or spray and she said they don't because it can affect how well the wax sticks ors omething like that so i'm nervous about that....I'll just pop some ibuprofen and hope for the best.

I've also been exfoliating everything down there in preparation....
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Just peeping in here, the salon where I get my eyebrows threaded also does brazilians and the lady that does my brows have been trying to get me to wax my underarms and as well. I think I'm more worried about being embarassed more then the pain of it. I can't imagine going back and chit chating with her after getting it done. I hate shaving and highly doubt I will ever wax myself. I do think I will get my underarms done and think about the brazilian.

What about those hair removal pads you see on TV, it's pink and the hair removal part is black almost look like sand paper? I can't think of the name but wonder if that would work.
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 165

Height: 5'1"

I have been getting them for a while and the pain does get better. To beachlover86, where do you go in Wilmington? I am new to the area and need to find a good, fast waxer (I have had the experience of a 4 HOUR long full leg/brazilian wax. Not fun). The lady I went to in VA (after finding a good one) took an hour max. I despise the thought of just trying out different salons until I find "the right one". Thanks!
runursinghoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 229/174/150

Height: 5'9"

Sorry so late on this reply. I haven't been on in ages. I go to blue ginger spa on oleander and see Judy! LOVE her to death, she is hilarious and i feel like im just chit chatting with a friend and the next thing i know im done. I'm there about an hour for brow and brazillian. When I first got here tried Kii and was not happy with it. Good Luck and let me know where you end up going. I moved from seattle so I feel like there isn't a ton of options.
beachlover86 is offline   Reply With Quote