But BABE...the GAME was on....

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • NOTE ~ ANGIE is fine.

I spent most of last evening in the emergency ward of the hospital.

I got home from work and was surprised to see Angie's car in the garage, thought she had yoga.

As I grabbed a beer I asked her "What's up?"....she just says she wasn't feeling well. She does have acid reflux and allergies that will flare up from time to time, I assume it is one of those and begin to post on 3FC after checking my e-mail and stuff.

I visit with her as she sits behind me in one of the recliners and chit-chat about me getting her some chicken noodle soup out of the garage if she wants, etc.

Nah she says....I think I may have you take me to emergency....this she tells me as I was almost finished with my second beer....

Seems she was having symptoms of a heart attack...had checked symptoms out online...a history of it in her family....heart issues.

I'm like..".what the heck....why didn't you wait until I drank a 6-pack...what's the matter with you woman!"

She says..."it's the denial thing" as I am running around the house, closing up and she is getting the dogs their dinner...I am throwing off my dirty drywall clothes around the house as I "calmly "...tell her "I'm gonna kill you!" for waiting on this

Being a woman of course, she is telling me how this can't be happening to her, she eats right, exercises...

Now the emergency ward is about 12 miles from our house....giving me time to tell her if she goes down in the car I'll pull over and give CPR a shot and mouth to mouth...but I will do it "french"....she just

I do know how to cheer her up

Leaving out all the boring details.....they rush her back...run an ekg on her then bring her to me in the waiting room. She tries to tell me what was going on and it may be a while....I tell her no problem babe the LAKERS come on in an hour....much easier sitting through this with a big screen HD TV with sports on one wall and another TV showing Nemo on another wall...where all the kids are at

Nurse comes over to us and says..."The ekg is not normal...we are getting you a room".....a few minutes later they take her back....settling in for what looks like a looooong evening...I find a good position and seat for the game....actually spend a few minutes chatting with a kid that had taken an elbow to his head in a basketball game....needed stitches and I find out he is a good friend of my nephew (married to my niece) and they both graduated from the fire academy together last week...I knew, of course my nephew had.....anyway....the game was coming on....got my coffee from the cafeteria....ready to roll.....

A few minutes later a nurse comes out and says "Mr.....?" and I say yep...she says "are the LAKERS on?"...I say "not yet"....she says...."well, your wife says to tell you that you can come back if the LAKER game isn't on....he won't want to if it is"

Are you kidding me?....what did she think I would do?

I sent the next 4 hours in an uncomfortable chair...no TV... with my wife in a hospital bed next to me.

Which gave me time to get the guts up to ask her, if she was a goner, would it be all right to hook-up with the blonde gal that was hitting on me in the waiting room?....she says what gal....I describe her... ANGIE says..."you idiot She wasn't hitting on you... she is the hospital ambassador....she has to be nice to you!"

After several tests they ruled out a heart attack

I missed the entire game ..

Life goes on
  • That's too funny! I would be the same way if the Canucks were playing!
  • LOL!!!Oh and by the way...You better be glad KG is hurt!
  • Glad Ang is OK. Bet that was scary!!! She actually reported pretty early for a woman. Normally, women don't even really realize it till they come to in the hospital(if they come to). GOOD JOB ANGIE!!! And, hugs for both of you!
  • Oh ouch, my tummy is hurting for the giggle you gave me. Thank you for your sense of humor today...it's so appreciated! Glad everyone is fine, but sorry about the game. I'd be the same way if the A's or 49ers were on.
  • Gary, only you can make a story like that funny. Glad Angie is OK
  • So glad she is okay!! Did they figure out what it was? I have acid reflux and I've had several episodes where I was pretty uncomfortable to say the least.
  • Quote: That's too funny! I would be the same way if the Canucks were playing!
    But the Canucks are not MIGHTY

Quote: LOL!!!Oh and by the way...You better be glad KG is hurt!
    The way my LAKERS are playing they won't ever see Boston.

Quote: Glad Ang is OK. Bet that was scary!!! She actually reported pretty early for a woman. Normally, women don't even really realize it till they come to in the hospital(if they come to). GOOD JOB ANGIE!!! And, hugs for both of you!
    Thanks MISS TNT Her dad had heart attacks so she is always on the look-out.

Quote: Oh ouch, my tummy is hurting for the giggle you gave me. Thank you for your sense of humor today...it's so appreciated! Glad everyone is fine, but sorry about the game. I'd be the same way if the A's or 49ers were on.
    Bet your glad ZITO is gone and Garcia is "across" the bay with my RAIDERS now!

Quote: Gary, only you can make a story like that funny. Glad Angie is OK
    Thanks MANDY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Quote: So glad she is okay!! Did they figure out what it was? I have acid reflux and I've had several episodes where I was pretty uncomfortable to say the least.
    Not yet BRAT but she is still having the symptoms and has an appt. with our doctor on Monday.
  • I'm so glad she is OK. Better to be safe than sorry!
  • Good to hear everything is allright.

Maybe next time instead of running around just call 911

Could have been worse you might have missed the Dodgers.
  • Quote: I'm so glad she is OK. Better to be safe than sorry!
    That's what her mom said when she married me ANNE...no...wait...it was..."you'll be sorry"...
  • Quote: Good to hear everything is allright.

Maybe next time instead of running around just call 911

Could have been worse you might have missed the Dodgers.
    BIG BIRD...I blew it...I thought the DODGERS were off until today...they lost anyway. I mentioned 911 but she said "NO WAY!...I have been like this all day...I'll be fine"...one thing I know...I don't back talk my wife...or make suggestions when she is "in the mood"
  • Glad Angie is ok... and thanks for the humorous twist to a pretty scary night. Only you could tell such a story with humor. Only you. LOL!
  • I do what I can SMURFGIRL
  • Glad that Angie is ok. Praying for healing for what IS making her feel ill. Thank you for taking the time to share your life in a way that reminds us to blend in some humor to make "stuff" less stressful.