Tuna Shake (Ewwww)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is scary. Today is payday and grocery day, so I thought I'd look for a few low carb recipes, and in hunting online found this - a recipe for a tuna shake (ingredients: tuna, orange juice, and ice cubes)

submitted by Jim who says "It may sound weird, but wait till you try it to judge."

OK, I am the QUEEN of food adventure, and will try almost anything (I've never eaten insects, but would consider tasting them, well at least small crispy ones, not large mushy ones), and I don't think I could stomach even making this one, even without tasting (reminds me too much of the Saturday Night Live Bass-O-Matic skits).

So just out of curiousity, who WOULD try this? And under what conditions?

(Maybe if I were really drunk.... but I've never in my life been THAT drunk, and there's not much chance of my ever getting that drunk, since I usually fall asleep after just two drinks).

http://www.healthygrocerylist.com/Re...e?RECIPEID=331
  • I would try it! I won't waste the money making it myself - but if somebody else did all the dirty work - heck yes I would try it! You only live once, right??

ETA - So do I get to inherit the Queen crown now? I've never had a crown before...
  • ok, Friday is shopping day, I'm so going to try it!
  • I definitley would NOT try a tuna shake. Make's me want to vomit a little, just thinking about it!
  • Quote: I would try it! I won't waste the money making it myself - but if somebody else did all the dirty work - heck yes I would try it! You only live once, right??

ETA - So do I get to inherit the Queen crown now? I've never had a crown before...

I don't know it looks like you've got some competition in Ailidh. Regardless, it looks like I will be abdicating.
  • Eww to heck with being adventurous; I wouldn't try that under any circumstance
  • Ok, I think i saw this on a thread before, someone that asked what gross thing to eat because it good for you. The thought of it makes me want hurl
  • yeah- i think i threw up a little in my mouth while reading about it. hahaha. no way for me- but i'd be willing to bet that my husband would try it... he once did a "shooter" of wasabi to win $5 bucks. and then there was the habanero incident.. lol.
  • Quote: Ok, I think i saw this on a thread before, someone that asked what gross thing to eat because it good for you. The thought of it makes me want hurl
    Yes, I was just thinking of that thread too.
  • No way.
  • I get a crown if I eat it?.....
  • Bass-o-matic can make it easy
  • No.Thank.You.
  • Oh jeez. I love tuna, but I would never drink the stuff. I'd much rather drink the orange juice and eat the tuna than mix them together. blech.
  • definitely not-but like a few others said i bet my husband would-he is very food adventurous..