3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Coffee Drinkers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/168911-coffee-drinkers.html)

tinycities 04-14-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velveteen (Post 2697352)
you are so welcome! I hope you get a similar appreciation for a french press pot of African coffee that I have - Oh how I would love to have you come round so I could do several pots of several different kinds of brews and we could talk about it whilst tasting (low/non-fat of course...) food samples that compliment each coffee...

Aww, bless you, that sounds awesome! I would so love to do that! I've never really tasted different coffees side-by-side before, and I think that would be fascinating and so much fun!

Willow, I don't know anything about proper stores in the US, but I know eBay has loads of the stove top pots for sale, if you're comfortable with using eBay! I wouldn't make coffee any other way now... they are wonderful devices!

mygritsconfessions 04-14-2009 09:46 AM

I have never heard of french press African coffee - sounds wonderful! Yummmm! I drink regular coffee from the grocery store, which is good, but doesn't sound as wonderful as that!!!!!!

PinkyPie 04-14-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinycities (Post 2697393)
Aww, bless you, that sounds awesome! I would so love to do that! I've never really tasted different coffees side-by-side before, and I think that would be fascinating and so much fun!

To be honest, any proper specialty coffee shop should do this for their customers. If/when you have time, ask for the Store Coffee Master in your local Starbucks and let them know you would really like to do a coffee tasting. Sometimes there are seminars set up - you can also ask in the store when the next one would be. We do things like Aroma Labs and "Geography as a flavour". This way you would get to taste several coffees and learn more about the areas they come from, the processing methods, etc. I think then you would understand that Starbucks is NOT just a milky-sugary-can't-taste-the-coffee machine. I would expect Costa or Caffe Nero to have similar things going on. Are you anywhere near London? I can recommend one place there that is out of this world - and those people are big time experts who used to roast on the spot (and now do it near the shop). Very passionate people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygritsconfessions (Post 2697452)
I have never heard of french press African coffee - sounds wonderful! Yummmm! I drink regular coffee from the grocery store, which is good, but doesn't sound as wonderful as that!!!!!!

Well, to be fair, a french press is just a cafetierre or a press pot. Bodum sells great press pots but you can get them cheap at Target I believe (I'm not in the States so I'm going by memory here!). It's just a different brewing method than the normal Mr. Coffee type of pot. I'm probably going too off topic now but I'd be happy to elaborate more and give precise instructions on how you can make your own press pot of African coffee at home, if you are interested!! (I LOVE Coffee. am a Coffee Master and was the 2008 Coffee Ambassador for our region so I know a little bit ;) about coffee)

willow650 04-14-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velveteen (Post 2697533)
I think then you would understand that Starbucks is NOT just a milky-sugary-can't-taste-the-coffee machine.

I refuse to let ya'll make me feel bad ofr loving my white chocolate mocha's...lol I get it grande sized with 4 shots of espresso, so I do very much still taste the coffee...heehee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velveteen (Post 2697533)
Well, to be fair, a french press is just a cafetierre or a press pot. Bodum sells great press pots but you can get them cheap at Target I believe (I'm not in the States so I'm going by memory here!). It's just a different brewing method than the normal Mr. Coffee type of pot. I'm probably going too off topic now but I'd be happy to elaborate more and give precise instructions on how you can make your own press pot of African coffee at home, if you are interested!! (I LOVE Coffee. am a Coffee Master and was the 2008 Coffee Ambassador for our region so I know a little bit ;) about coffee)

Yes please give precise directions...lol I use to have a press, well I bought it for my husband to take with him on deployment so he didn't have to drink ships coffee....lol. It ended up broken after he got home.

PinkyPie 04-14-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow650 (Post 2697553)
I refuse to let ya'll make me feel bad ofr loving my white chocolate mocha's...lol I get it grande sized with 4 shots of espresso, so I do very much still taste the coffee...heehee

Yes please give precise directions...lol I use to have a press, well I bought it for my husband to take with him on deployment so he didn't have to drink ships coffee....lol. It ended up broken after he got home.

oh no, don't feel bad, everyone has different tastes! and that's the way to drink it! Get more shots!! :lol:

I will PM you the instructions :)

willow650 04-14-2009 09:29 PM

I just found out that there is an Italian Market on the other side of the city, I read they have non food items so I am going to go see if they have a stove top espresso maker.

PearFreak 04-14-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain (Post 2693849)
PearFreak, I worked for Albertson's for 11 years and one of my many positions was coffee bar manager and we served Seattle's Best. It's a pretty good coffee.

Oh another SB coffe fan. I really like their coffee. It is delish. They don't sell it in my area, so I have to order it, but I get a shipment every two weeks. So not bad, and it is FRESH.