3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   what color shoes go with navy? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/168710-what-color-shoes-go-navy.html)

walking2lose 04-07-2009 11:30 AM

what color shoes go with navy?

Hi ladies,

I just bought some navy dress pants for work, and I don't own navy shoes. Is there a rule which says what color shoes go with navy? Brown? Black? I have always loved navy, and there is a lot of it in the stores now, but I need to know what color shoes.
Thanks!

srmb60 04-07-2009 11:35 AM

I'd wear black because that's what I have. However ... Clinton and Stacey maintain that they don't have to match, just go.

So anything with a similar colour weight would probably be fine. Dark brown, oxblood, black --or-- a kicky colour like red or multi coloured.

sws19 04-07-2009 11:46 AM

i say anything. depends what you wear on top. i would be willing to consider anything in the browns or tans, whites, off whites, or even a killer red or yellow for a crazy pop of color. sorta depends on your personal style and what shirt you're wearing.

aphil 04-07-2009 11:49 AM

I absolutely would NOT wear black shoes with navy pants. It would be too close to trying to match, but not succeeding (like wearing dark brown shoes with black pants...)

I think it is going to depend on what the blouse or top looks like that you wear them with. If you can find navy shoes-great. If not-consider a nice brown, as long as the styling was right. White shoes will give a nice nautical look, especially if the top or blazer or something you wear with the pants have some white detailing. If your blouse has a print to it, maybe a colorful pair of shoes that coordinate with the blouse.

learningtoliveagain 04-07-2009 11:54 AM

I would wear Navy only if it matched or wear something that co-ordinated with the top I was wearing.

bargoo 04-07-2009 12:03 PM

Navy is a good choice, but so is red or white and bone could work , too.

Thighs Be Gone 04-07-2009 12:12 PM

Oooh..I think I would have to bling the navy with a bright color these days---red would look great--something hip....I would wear navy shoes if I was in a conservative environment...then wear a colorful top and scarf w/it..

Susan B is an absolute doll but don't wear black with navy. :(

bargoo 04-07-2009 12:17 PM

I would go with the red !

Macomom 04-07-2009 12:23 PM

I am wearing a brown leather shoe with navy pants today. No one has laughed at me yet...
:)

harrismm 04-07-2009 12:29 PM

I dont know guys........lots of black with navy in hollywood.

glitterducky 04-07-2009 12:37 PM

I think red would go best. The pop of color would really make the outfit stand out. I would pair navy pants with a printed top with a blue color pallet. It doens'th ave to match the neavy blue exactly, but it would go as long as it has a pallet of blue. Top it off with a cute and fitted maybe tan or brown, maybe black kacjet and you're good to go.

Yeah, I watch "What not to wear" on TLC. :)

Athenawithheart 04-07-2009 12:57 PM

Too confusing for me -- I'm definitely going to have to start paying more attention to fashion now that I've lost weight.

walking2lose 04-07-2009 01:19 PM

Wow. Lots of responses. Well the pants actually have a broad pin stripe pattern. I am probably going to be semi boring and wear them with a nice white blouse I have. I do have red patent flats that would be super cute with them, however, the pants have a little length, so I need a bit of a heel. For right now, that leaves my brown or black pumps. I'm thinking I'll go with the brown.

I think this is why I usually stick with gray, black, and brown pants - easier to pick shoes for!

Thanks for all the responses.

srmb60 04-07-2009 01:24 PM

Thighs be gone ... you're funny :hug:.

Just a funny little story ... when we were in highschool blue and brown were definite no-no's. A couple of years ago my friend wrecked her navy shoes and asked a store clerk about replacing them. The clerk told her brown. The look on Deb's face was hilarious! Maybe they are wearing brown with blue but I'm not!"
I should ask her if she ever did get a brown pair.

walking2lose 04-07-2009 02:25 PM

I probably need to find some navy shoes, but I never see any when I go out.