3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Anyone else in a long distance relationship? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/168621-anyone-else-long-distance-relationship.html)

squishy1 04-06-2009 12:44 PM

Anyone else in a long distance relationship?

Just thought I'd see if anyone else here is suffering through a long distance relationship. It's hard!!!

JulieJ08 04-06-2009 12:59 PM

Ah, not since I was a young'n. It does suck :?:

Amy8888 04-06-2009 03:15 PM

I was in one with my husband for 9 months. We met and lived near each other for three months, then I had to move out of state. We got married though, so it can end well! We IMed a lot, and talked on the phone every night. That really helped.

willow650 04-06-2009 05:15 PM

I dated my husband for a year while him in Florida, me 500 miles away then it was another year after we were married before we ever lived together. He is military and with deployments, we just didn't see any reason why i should uproot myself until he was back for good. He was able to drive up on the weekends, talked on the phone a lot, imed a lot, used something similar to Skype only no video. We have been married 10yrs now so it worked out great for us but there had to be a lot of maturity and trust involved which was new to me....lol but I know he was the one for me so that made it easier.

Jen415 04-07-2009 09:44 AM

I am now, unfortunately.....the current economic climate has forced my partner to take a job two hours away, which makes commuting impractical. We try to stay in touch as often as we can, but it's not the same as having him home every night :(

starfishkitty 04-12-2009 06:12 PM

Yup... mine's 7000 miles away. :( I won't see him til December... *sigh*

kswood87 04-12-2009 06:24 PM

My husband lives about a 3 hour drive away right now for work :( It sucks not being with him but we were long distance for the first 6 months that we dated so I guess that helps?!?! I dont know. I just keep reminding myself that it is the best thing for us now. In a yr or two we'll actually be able to get a house!!

nelie 04-12-2009 07:26 PM

Not anymore...

My husband and I both worked for the same company (even same manager) but he decided to move back to the east coast shortly before we started dating... We talked on a regular basis and we developed into a relationship. After 3 months of long distance (daily phone, 1-2 month visits), we decided to move one of us.. well me. Took another 2 months to work out the work related issues, find a place and move. We got engaged about 8 months after moving in together and married a few months after that.

It was a bit painful but we did talk a lot through work and at night as well as our visits. We will be married 3 years this year.