Blood pressure fluctuations

• I was wondering if anyone knows if it's normal for one's blood pressure to fluctuate from being normal to being high at differnt times of the day?
  • I'm not a doctor, but I know it's normal for blood pressure to fluctuate a lot during the day. We all give different readings depending on body position (standing, sitting, laying), time of day, exercise, rest, stress, etc.

How high it is at its highest should be what you use as your decision to see your doctor.
  • Quote: I'm not a doctor, but I know it's normal for blood pressure to fluctuate a lot during the day. We all give different readings depending on body position (standing, sitting, laying), time of day, exercise, rest, stress, etc.

How high it is at its highest should be what you use as your decision to see your doctor.

Thank you. Do you know if it's common for excercising to cause blood pressure to go up?
  • I would blood pressure would go up during exercise. Is that what you mean? I also know it's affected by stress and illness. It can shoot up because of both.
  • I'm having the opposite trouble...mine drops LOW during the day, and whenever I get up out of bed at night. blah....
  • Quote: I'm not a doctor, but I know it's normal for blood pressure to fluctuate a lot during the day. We all give different readings depending on body position (standing, sitting, laying), time of day, exercise, rest, stress, etc.

Why yes it does, that's exactly what my boss Prof. x researches
  • yes BP goes up when you move, thats why many times if a nurse takes your BP and it is a little high they will wait a few minutes for you to settle down before taking it again.

Your BP fluctuates all during the day. Only when it stays consistently high is when you should get concerned.
  • Thank you all for the responses! It's been very helpful.