General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Ho hum...blah...and stuff....

I'm just BORED. Bored with my workouts, bored with life. My husband and I are working toward only two years of marriage, and I feel like I've already lost myself. When asked what I enjoy, I literally don't know anymore.

I need a hobby.

I used to love working puzzles, and would enjoy spending any and all spare time doing that. But we don't have space in our house to do them, or to have completed puzzles stacking up. I'm not into things like sewing or crocheting. I'm somewhat interested in quilts, but again...not enough patience to sew them together. Which is weird, actually....I have patience to do a puzzle, but not sew?

Working out used to be a hobby, of sorts...but I'm SO fed up with the same old thing I've been doing five days a week for nearly two years. Blah.

What are some of your hobbies? I need ideas!!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, my life is kinda boring too, but I really love reading. A good book can take you places you've never even thought of going. My SIL does scrapbooking and loves it. Do you have a camera? I enjoy taking pictures (of anything-flowers, snow, kids, animals.....) and then framing them to hang in our home. We do that alot when we go hiking, so we have photos to remember where we were and the fun we had. Just a couple ideas.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #3  

I like reading...but it's something that comes and goes with me. I'm totally into it for a while, then get tired of it. Right now I'm in the down cycle, I guess...

I've thought about scrapbooking and even got to the point of buying supplies. But the thought of starting just overwhelms me...they're still sitting in a bag!!

Photography is also a small interest of mine. I need my own camera though...I use the one I've got at work a lot. Maybe that's what the husband can get me for my birthday....
Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

That'd probably keep him out of the doghouse (refer to another thread)!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Volunteer. It makes you value what you have.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I second the idea to volunteer. It really can open your eyes to the world around you.

But also, have you considered picking up a new exercise hobby? Like...hiking? Canoeing? Rollerblading? Even doing that 2 days a week instead of your standard workout seems like it'd help break the monotony.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #7  

Volunteering is a good idea...
Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #8  

My sister was into bellydancing for a while....but the nearest class to me is 2 hours away!

That's a lot of my problem with finding things to do: logistics. I'm in the boonies! The Humane Society is a great idea, though....it's only 24 miles away and they're always needing help.

I've also remembered I've always wanted to trace my family's genealogy....so ancestry.com here I come!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

If you're looking for more volunteer opportunities in your area, you can check out Volunteer Match:

http://www.volunteermatch.org/
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #10  
How much longer?

S/C/G: 180/ticker/130

Height: 5'5'

Thank you for this post. I am bored as well. MindiV first post took the words out of my mouth. On top of it I am bored with my Job. So I feel like my whole day at times is just a waste, waiting for something bigger to come along.....but what!! Working out used to be a hobby but I am soooo over that.

Mandalinn82, thanks for the link. There is nothing in my area right now but that is a keeper link. I will keep checking it.

I should be thankful though....thank you Lord for a life that is not hectic, stressed or crazy like some peoples.
Insatiable is offline   Reply With Quote