3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Breakfast Cereals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/161724-breakfast-cereals.html)

Redneck Charger 01-16-2009 05:53 AM

Breakfast Cereals

I've just starting eating breakfast.. and looking for the best cereal out there for you.. Have been eating Special K.. But are there any others? Can ya help me out on this one...
Thanx

Cheers~
Redneck Charger;)

Beautiful Ace 01-16-2009 06:11 AM

Thank you for making this post! I'm also interested in knowing what delicious healthy cereals I should be eating. I haven't learned how to read labels yet, but I'm doing a nutrition course starting MONDAY. woot

Haley8203 01-16-2009 06:22 AM

The only cereal that 1 cup will actually satisfy me is nature's path optimum power breakfast, it's in the natural food section 190 cals but i think it's worth it

angelanicole23 01-16-2009 06:40 AM

I'm totally living off of Bran Flakes lately..I also love Quakers Weight Control Oatmeal.

GatorgalstuckinGA 01-16-2009 08:22 AM

i like most of Kashi's cereals. Most of them are higher in fiber. But with that being said, on the mornings i eat cereal..i always have to have a snack about 2 hrs later since cereal never holds me over. If i have a breakfast higher in protien (such as egg whites) then i stay full longer

PearFreak 01-16-2009 08:29 AM

I was going to mention Kashi cereals. My fave at the moment is Strawberry Fields.

MindiV 01-16-2009 08:33 AM

I like Multi-Grain Cheerios a lot, and the Yogurt Burst Cheerios for the days when I want something a little sweeter. But like someone else mentioned, it never holds me over unless I eat a couple of pieces of wheat toast with some PB on it, along with the cereal....

midwife 01-16-2009 08:36 AM

I eat cereal about once a week. It is usually oatmeal. On occasion I will have a Kashi cereal or a measured amount of granola.

MonteCristo 01-16-2009 08:56 AM

I eat Kashi Go-Lean Crunch every morning. It is really good, and filling, plus it has tons of protein and fiber.

modkittn 01-16-2009 09:42 AM

I eat Kashi cereal and oatmeal. I also eat Peace cereal.

nelie 01-16-2009 09:48 AM

I like the Trader Joe's cereals. Their high fiber o's are great as well as shredded wheat. They also have others. I don't really eat cold cereals though except a couple times a year.

For hot cereals, I like steel cut oats or bob's red mill high fiber cereal.

alinnell 01-16-2009 09:55 AM

I have a hard time with cereal as I want to overeat it, so I usually have cereal only once a month. Fiber One is great because it's like half the calories of any other cereal. Personally I really like rice cereals and when I need some "comfort" I'll choose Rice Chex with a banana, but it probably isn't the best nutrition-wise and the calories add up pretty quickly. I love steel cut oatmeal with a few raisins. I've tried the Kashi cereals and I'm not a huge fan.

murphmitch 01-16-2009 10:09 AM

I eat hot cereal every day year round. Either steel cut oats or toasted oat bran. In order to get more protein with it, I add a Tbs of peanut or almond butter and it keeps me full much longer.

midwife 01-16-2009 10:10 AM

I forgot to add that cereal and milk alone wouldn't cut it for me. I would be ravenous in an hour. I make my oatmeal with protein powder (and often a Tbs of peanut butter). Other cereals I will have alongside eggs, either over easy or as an omelet.

Smiling_Sara 01-16-2009 10:16 AM

love my kashi cereals. I often eat a bowl for dinner even