General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-13-2009, 04:39 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Angry I hope this "dad' gets some jail time

This is so disgusting that I had to share it. People like this should be removed from the gene pool. However, since it is too late to remove him, perhaps removing his ability to procreate would be in order. Maybe the other guy should as well.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28629054/?GT1=43001
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I feel bad for the family but it sounds like it isn't a lone incident.

Its not uncommon in many countries to marry a young girl off especially in return for something, such as a dowry. Young woman can often be thought of as a financial burden although somewhat of a commodity. There is a lot of poverty right now and central California has a lot of poverty issues now and always really has.

I don't know if its true for all central/south american countries but also the grooms family is responsible for paying for all related wedding expenses so some of the exchange could be partially for that, who knows. So although I can see him being seen as a bad father and I don't think what he did is right, it may seem normal to him and he may not know better.

Last edited by nelie; 01-13-2009 at 04:53 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh and this story reminded me recently of a story where a girl was sold into slavery by her parents in Egypt but continued to be a slave in southern california. This is the best link I can find to that story:
http://www.pe.com/localnews/rivcount...9.174a0d8.html

Apparently her family was paid $45/month to have their daughter in slavery.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Both DISGUSTING stories- breaks my heart to see what people will do!

I mean I can almost understand the parents sending their kids from Africa to America- certain areas are so desolate it's probably better than starving to death- but seriously how CRUEL can people be?!

I remember that story with the second girl- I'm so happy that someone finally spoke up!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

The fact that he was stupid enough to go to the police to get her back because the other guy didn't pay him indicates a lack education. He still deserves something as well as the guy who promised to pay for her.

I was getting really angry reading what you posted. I'm so had they had to pay her. I'm sure some of that money will go far for her parents. I'm glad someone adopted her and that she knows "chores" are not 20 hrs a day but maybe a couple of hours.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote