General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #16  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

We have the game Outdoor Challenge. It has a mat, similar to the DDR mat I think, that you stand on and have to touch different pads to the front, back and sides. I can't remember all the games, but there's a Whack-a-mole game on it and one where you're riding in a mine cart on a rail and you have to jump over gaps in the rail. It's active and can get your heart rate up.
To me, the boxing is the best for that though.

Amazon has the Outdoor Challenge for $50 right now (I paid $60 at Christmas).

There's a fitness guy's blog that I read regularly and he said he got Wii-itis in his shoulder from playing the tennis game. So be careful

Last edited by ddc; 01-13-2009 at 08:35 AM.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #17  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Mario party is a lot of fun- I think it's officially mario party 8- but we play that a lot in our household and it's so much fun- it's a boardgame with mini games. The object of the game is to get so many stars in a game. But between each "round" after everyone spins their dice and moves on the board- there is a mini game- they include things like playing baseball, cranking a flag up the pole, shooting darts, and so on- it's a BLAST.

Word of caution- stand far apart during the games lol
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #18  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

My kids and I love Carnival Games!! Its like your at a Carnival! We also love Carnival games-Mini Golf...its soooo much fun!! Rayman is also really fun!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

This one doesn't necessarily require standing, but Boom Blox will give your "throwing" arm a good workout and it's super fun in groups (and absolutely adorable, thanks to Stephen Spielberg). Make sure children are wearing wrist straps for this one!

Mario Super Sluggers (the newest Mario baseball game) is really difficult to get the hang of, but requires plenty of movement. I can pitch ok, but I can NOT hit the ball most of the time.

I also had a lot of fun with Mario Party 8, and some of the mini-games in it are REALLY active. But NONE of our friends or relatives will play it with us! They just don't like it, I think because it requires reading the instructions on the mini games.

On a side note, Wolf Goddess, some of those are super fun games. Did you finish Okami? What a strange story that turned out to be. And did you get teary-eyed at the end of Super Paper Mario, or am I just insane? I also cried when that little alien, Squirps, was reunited with his mother.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #20  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
On a side note, Wolf Goddess, some of those are super fun games. Did you finish Okami? What a strange story that turned out to be. And did you get teary-eyed at the end of Super Paper Mario, or am I just insane? I also cried when that little alien, Squirps, was reunited with his mother.
It was very Japanese. I'm sure that if I were more familiar with their culture and legends, it would have made more sense, but as it is, the end still left me thinking "WTH?" It's one of the most unique games out there, though, not to mention most beautiful. And no, you're not. I was annoyed with him at first, but he still managed to make me cry.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #21  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

OK. I got jealous. I went out and bought a Wii and the Wii Fit.

I thought boobalah would be upset but he is excited to play some of the games. He can't right now because of his hand surgery last week. I bowled last night after my WATP workout. It was fun! After my WATP workout today, I think I'll try boxing.

I'll get the Fit part set up over the weekend.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #22  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Has anyone tried DDR for the wii?
I'm thinking about pairing it with wii fit to get a better workout.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

wow, thanks everyone for your responces...

I've still mainly just been playing the wii sports games. My right arm is getting much more toned than my left arm. LOL!

This weekend I'm going over to family's house and they have the wii fit, so I guess I'm going to try it over there and see how I like it.. then maybe get it?...

-And on a side note, I also got the Super Paper Mario game...
wow! Great game! Love the 3D flipping and all the new pixles and such
mudskippersgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Wii boxing is the most fun game I have ever played. I dont know about you guys but I assign my own names to my opponents. I know the game *gives* them names, but I dont use those

match #1.... ex husband
match #2.... ex boyfriend
match #3..... nosey neighbor next door lol

talk about stress relief!!

on a side note, if you're going to buy a fit, dont pay more than 100 bucks for it. I've seen some stores try to charge 160.00 for it because of how difficult it is to find. I tried ordering one from BestBuy.com Wednesday morning but they were out of stock. Every website that I went to was out of stock. About an hour later I went back to bestbuy.com planning to click the box that for email notifications when stock levels change. I was shocked when I saw that they were in stock again. I ordered it for 89.00 + tax and shipping it came to 106. I paid for regular shipping, not expedited and when I checked my order status this morning I saw that it's on the UPS truck for delivery today.
Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I just got this in email today

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...mc_id=012309nl

This looks interesting
Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice View Post
I just got this in email today

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...mc_id=012309nl

This looks interesting
i think I want this
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #27  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games always tires me out, because you have to simulate their moves, like running and swimming. It's an arm workout for sure.

I also would agree with DDR, it even has "Workout Mode". My brother did the equivalent of running 5 miles once, it's crazy.

And, as just a fun game, I highly recommend Guitar Hero 4. You don't even need the drums and mic, though they're fun too, but it's just a great game with a great setlist. I enjoy playing Bass.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

I've tried the DDR for other systems and such... I look like a complete fool trying to figure it out! lol. But your right, defiantly can get your heart rate up...

I've scene someone playing a running game for the wii... Was this for the wii fit? They weren't using the wii fit board though, they were just running with the wii remote...

Anyone know where I could find this running game? Or is it apart of the wii fit or something??

-THX-
mudskippersgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #29  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

The running game is a part of wii fit. You can run by your self, or with a friend. I was impressed that held my attention just by watching the scenery. I normally despise anything like running.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote