General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-22-2008, 07:09 PM   #16  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe View Post
My story is a bit different, I stumbled across this site 6 months after the fact of losing my weight. I think I googled weightloss maintenance and up popped 3 fat chickies. I liked what I saw, so I registered that day and I have been here on and off reading when I have the time and I try and give and get support when needed. I think out of all the forums I came across, this one has quite an edge over all the others! Thanks 3 fat chicks for putting this big congregation together.
Cheers to all of us chickies and to all of the chickens that are still a lurking..... join in and become a chicklet!
This was my story as well.

I was searching for an active forum for weightloss/maintenance because I was a bit lost when I lost all this weight. I needed to share my experience and read about others. I appear to be in the right place for both
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumeany View Post
I stumbled across it while looking for weight loss/exercise sites back in August. I think I started posting on day one...cause I'm just a BIT extroverted. However, I couldn't figure out the whole introduction process so I never actually introduced myself...I just started blathering away on some thread -- which I killed. Did it again on another thread -- which I killed. You could have heard the crickets chirping! You'd think I would have learned, but I'm still here...blathering away!
Yeah, but you're not killing threads any more!

I did much the same. I have no idea how I found it or what I was searching for when I found it. I'm sure I was doing a Google search on something exercise related, because my join date is shortly after I really ramped up my exercise.

But I just jumped right in .. and here I am today.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I figured that if I just kept at it people would get used to me yarping about this and that. Seemed to work.

Last edited by Schumeany; 12-22-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #19  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

googled it!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

It was referred to in an article in the magazine "Slim at Home" which is available in the UK. The name got my interest and I have been posting right away and think the site is fab - it's definitely helping to keep my weight loss efforts focussed!

Like Schumeany, I did not introduce myself (OOPS!) and just jumped in feet first!
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Someone on the runnersworld blog linked the before and after board and I saw some of the pictures and had to join.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #22  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I can't even remember how I found the site...probably like most, I googled something or followed a link...But I remember it was a Saturday and I read for hours...and never left. I joined that day and have been blabbing everything I do to anyone that will listen...

And for those who have been kind enough to respond...Thank You!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I was googling something or other (I have no idea what anymore), and came across the 3FC forums that way. Several other things were leading me to finally change my ways, and finding 3FC happily pushed me over the edge.

I also didn't figure out there was a separate Introduction forum until I was already posting away for a while, so I never did one there either.

What a trip down memory lane to check out your own initial introduction 9 months later! And to see old mini-goals that are looooooong past.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I think I just googled weight loss forums. This one looked to have the most traffic and the best info. I'm certain this site has made my weight loss possible with all the wonderful ppl here that I'm able to talk to on a daily basis.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I was Google searching information about people who had tried and/or were following the Fat Smash Diet. I bought the book after being inspired by Celebrity Fit Club and wanted to find some support.

Funnily enough, I did not follow the Fat Smash Diet for long, but I found this forum and have stayed since!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #26  
starting over again

I forget what I was googling, but it led me here. I was so impressed with how big the site was. There is a forum for everything, so I figured whatever plan I chose, I could fit in. Another big selling point was the fact that this site is made up of people that lost weight the correct way, no matter how hard or slow that may be. I always got so discouraged on prior diets because I never lost "20 lbs in a week" or whatever crazy claim the new fad diet was promising. Coming here every day and reading the struggles and triumphs of real people losing weight has been the greatest motivation for me. If other people can do it, so can I.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

my sister told me about this site. Now I'm here way more than she is!!!
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #28  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I had to read through the other posts before I finally remembered how I found it. It was mentioned in an article in Oprah's O magazine. I liked it from day one!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #29  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

A friend used to go here, and she mentioned it, I was curious, checked it out and have been ever coming since.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I found 3FC on an etiquette site. A several of the members had weightloss tickers from a place called 3FC, so I popped over to see what it was. I've been here ever since!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote