How to size skinny jeans

• Hello chicks!

I am in the market to buy "skinny jeans" (haha), you know, the ones that fit you kind of like leggings but are jeans. One of my friends told me that with skinny jeans, you should always buy one size down because your waist (no matter what size you are) will stretch them out the band, and if you buy one size down, they will stretch out, giving you the perfect fit without having to use a belt. She advised that if you buy your regular size, since they fit so snuggly, they will stretch out to be a tad too big.

Has anyone heard this theory or had any experience with it?

Thanks,
    Rachelle
  • It depends on the brand. But you should buy skinny jeans that are your waist size. Also take in consideration that if you buy a size smaller, your legs might not fit through (I have a small waist, but big thighs). The best way to buy them is to try them, because a lot of brands are different. The ones that are higher priced are usually true to size.

I'm 5'2" and 115 pounds with a petite build, and I wear a size 25 in skinny jeans. It is a bit big in the waist, but because I have big thighs, I can't go a size lower.
  • I'm not sure it's a function of the jeans being "skinny," but more because they have stretch. I always have problems with stretch jeans being too tight when I put them on and falling off a couple hours later. The low rises just make the problem worse because you don't have your hips to help keep them up. I try to find jeans with a bare minimum of stretch (just a bit really makes them more comfortable), but no more.
  • That is exactly my problem Julie...but the weird thing with me is I have a 40 inch waist, and legs that fit into like size 7's...so a lot of times, the waist of jeans will be too small for me, but I'll be swimming in the fabric of the legs.

What musubi said is true of jeans. I must try them *sigh*. But we all know how pesky jeans can be! I guess I was just looking for a shortcut!!!

Thanks,
    R