What were you doing five years ago?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Did you have a different job?

Were you living in another city?

Little things, big things... include anything.

I'll start. Five years ago, I was living in a Greek-culture rich neighbourhood, in a large semi-terrace house, and had a bedroom with a window large enough to crawl out of.

What were you doing five years ago?
  • Haha, I was 13 so I was probably whining about whatever there was at the time and sitting at home watching simpsons.
  • 5 years ago...I smoked 2 packs per day. My youngest daughter was in High School. I worked for the best boss I ever had. I lived in a different town. I lived in a larger house. My oldest daughter wasn't married and still lived at home. I didn't have a granddaughter. My Black Lab was still living. I didn't have my Bichon Fise. My husband was still living.

Wow...The only thing that remains constant is that things change!
  • 5 years ago i was 22, and i was pregnant with my son. I had just found out he was a BOY! and i was so excited. I was nervous for thanksgiving since out of town relatives were visiting and i was going to tell them all the news. I felt huge, and had no idea that all the eating i was doing was going to leave me with a 70lb weight gain, and take me 2 years to lose. My son was worth it though
  • 21, Pothead, smoker, music student, obese, sharpening skates, in a really bad relationship...

Boy have we come a long way
  • Five years ago, my life was very similar to what it is now. I was 24 years old and was starting my third year teaching high school special education. I was working on my Master's Degree in Learning Disabilities and was almost done with it. I was actually just finishing up my practicum/seminar and doing my last class. I traveled a lot to visit friends and see skating events.

Five years later, I am still doing a lot of the same things. I still teach high school special education and this is my eighth year doing it. I have been done with my Master's since January of 2005 when I graduated summa cum laude. I still travel a bunch for different skating events and love every minute of it!!!

The two main differences are that I have two nieces and a nephew who were not born yet five years ago and I am now 40 pounds smaller than I was back then! I also remembered another one. Five years ago, I was driving a blue Chevy Cavalier and now I'm driving a silver Ford Focus. LOL
  • Five years ago

* I had just moved into my townhouse.
    * I was married
    * I was working a data contract for the American Cancer Society
    * I drove a Saturn
    * My dad was alive
    * I used Canon gear (heh)

That's about it, I think.

• 5 years ago I was a freshman in highschool. I lived in a different house, in a different town with my mom. We didn't have my second pug. I had never been kissed and never had a boyfriend. I was a size 14-16. (Now I'm fitting into size 8's!!). I fought with my brother all the time. And I was only 14 so I didn't have a license or anything.
  • Five years ago:

I was newly engaged to my now husband
    I was living in Minneapolis in a teensy, old but full of character apartment
    I was in grad school
    I drove a celica
    I was broke
    I had a job
    I didn't have kids
  • 5 years ago I started my own business. I've been a successful entrepreneur ever since!
  • 5 years ago I was fat and pregnant!
    I lived in a smaller, newer house that I hated, (always loved old homes) which I swore I would sell while my husband was at work.
    I drove a PT Cruiser :/
    I wasn't working much by choice.
    Pretty broke as a result.
  • Engaged, living in a different country, bored, drinking. Wow, life has changed!
  • Five years ago:

- I was 20
    - In my first year at Uni
    - I was badly under eating
    - Chronically over exercising
    - In the grip of anorexia
    - Had a casual job
    - Trying to save (on campus & at Uni this was an impossibility!)
    - Had severe self worth and esteem issues
    - No serious boyfriend, just a stream of "flings"

Ahhh...life is so much better 5 years older and wiser!
  • Quote: 5 years ago...My husband was still living.

Wow...The only thing that remains constant is that things change!
    I'm sorry for your loss. You're very young to be widowed. I was widowed before I was 30 and had 2 kids. That was 28 years ago and it still hurts at times.

Five years ago...My second most favorite job I've ever had in my life was ending thanks to that Enron debacle. However, the opportunity to go back to school and get my BA, complete with books and tuition, fell into my lap. I jumped at it.

My favorite aunt, favorite uncle and mom were still alive.
  • I was a sophmore in high school, had a new boyfriend and first real job, was 6 months out of the eating disorder hospital and in the beginning stages of what would become a 130 pound weight gain.