3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Sweet Tomatoes/Soup Plantation (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/156350-sweet-tomatoes-soup-plantation.html)

cbmare 11-14-2008 12:21 PM

Sweet Tomatoes/Soup Plantation

I've got a Buzz Campaign for Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant.

I think I will stop by there and have dinner tonight. It's been a while since I dined there. I like the fresh veggies there. Their menus will vary location to location because they have started trying to buy local. For those of us in Calif, that leaves a large variety of fresh veggies because we can grow so much practically year round.

Have any of you dined there?

JulieJ08 11-14-2008 12:55 PM

When you say "Sweet Tomatoes/Soup Plantation" do you mean they are the same chain? I ask because we have Souplantation in my area (So. Cal.), but I have never seen a Sweet Tomatoes. I'm not overly thrilled with Souplantation. It's OK.

happy2bme 11-14-2008 01:03 PM

We don't have them where I live now but I went to Sweet Tomatoes a few times when I lived in Chicago. Was not all that impressed. Great concept but the food was blah and sort of pricey. Many of us agreed that there were other chains that had better salad bars we would rather frequent.

nelie 11-14-2008 01:42 PM

Julie, they are the same chain. In Colorado, it is Sweet Tomatoes, In California, its Soup Plantation.

I absolutely love Soup Plantation/Sweet Tomatoes. Whenever I visit California, I go often. My mom will also stockpile coupons for it so it is a lot cheaper than if you went without the coupon.

stellarwbz 11-14-2008 01:44 PM

I used to live in Texas and we had one Sweet Tomato. It was brand new and very good. Now that I live in California, I get to go to Souplantation. The place is a bit older and it is always packed. Its still good though. Kind of expensive. For two people it turns out around 25 bucks.

cbmare 11-14-2008 04:53 PM

Up here in the Bay Area, it's Sweet Tomatoes. They have changed their menu quite a bit to incorporate more fresh local ingredients. I'll try it tonight on my way home. boobalah is out of town and I don't want to cook so a salad it is. I think I'll go online and check out the soups and nutritional values.

EZMONEY 11-14-2008 06:00 PM

Angie and I go often, there are 2 within 5 miles of us (about) in either direction.

STELLAR Angie and I always have a coupon, I don't feel it's too expensive because it is all you can eat....not cheap though for sure.

cbmare 11-14-2008 06:20 PM

I like the fact that they list today's menu for each location as well as the nutritional value. I'll report back in with my feelings on them later.

EZMONEY 11-14-2008 06:55 PM

No soup better in this world than Soup Plantation's chicken noodle!

GatorgalstuckinGA 11-14-2008 08:19 PM

i love sweet tomatoes. When ever i'm in the mood for salad..i love that place!!!! They have a huge selection of fresh veggies..and the soups are darn good too. I just try to stay away from the pastas and breads.

cbmare 11-14-2008 09:54 PM

It was quite good. The only problem was there were 4 employees having their meal break at a nearby table. They were using their phones to access the internet and play some sort of cartoon thing dancing to Elvis songs. They have the volume on high. Glaring at them did no good. I will be including this in my Buzz report.

I will also complain about the lack of nutritional information for the salad dressings. I got it for the premade stuff. You'd think they'd include the salad dressings.

The veggies were very fresh. They were swapped out every 10 - 15 minutes.

Dinner is under $10 and lunch is under $9.

PhotoChick 11-14-2008 10:16 PM

I love Sweet Tomatoes. I signed up for their email notices and I get an average of a coupon a week from them. It's great because I go with a friend to get a buy-one-get-one lunch. I pretty much built a salad in my Daily Plate and that's what I use as a guideline for my lunches there. My salad comes to about 350 calories (including olive oil and blue cheese) and it's really filling and yummy.