Feeling bloated at night...

• For the past few weeks I have been feeling really bloated at night. At first I thought maybe it had to do with the sodium content in the lean cuisines I eat for dinner. After switching up my diet for a couple of days and really watching my sodium intake, I still feel super bloated.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you know what the cause of it is?
  • Are you using any Slim Fast products, or anything like that? I tried it a long time ago - do not recommend it - and I always felt bloated and at times even sick to my stomach. I actually also have the same reaction to bananas, if I have more than a couple in a given week. I'm sorry you're dealing with this; it's got to be very uncomfortable. Hopefully, someone will have some better advice for you.
  • If you've been eating the Lean Cuisines for dinner regularly, you might need to give it a little longer than a few days to flush out your system. Are you drinking enough water to offset the amount of sodium you're eating? Or were eating?

I know I feel bloated at night when I eat too much salt or when I eat too much sugar/carby stuff. And I especially feel bloated and just overall yucky when I don't drink enough water.

I'd keep lowering the salt intake and drinking more water for a few more days to see how you feel.

• On top of the sodium/hydration things, some other factors to consider:

- Perhaps its something else you're eating that is triggering this bloating (are you lactose intolerant? possibly have IBS?)
    - Have you been eating your dinner later than usual? Is there time to digest your food a bit before you go to bed?
  • Can someone tune me in please? In my head, bloated is a puffy belly thing and fluid retention is a hands and feet and face swelling thing. Can you tell me what you guys mean?