General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I wear thongs with tight jeans sometimes, I like boyshorts too but I really like the panties that are not thongs but have less fabric on the back so your butt cheeks look cute without being too covered, and I like to show a little hip, I tend to think boy shorts look better on girls with a little more booty, I have a flat butt. Also... when I wear thongs they don't ride up my butt crack, they actually more lay on the outside I guess.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #17  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

another yuck for the thongs from me-

i bought one at lane bryant and laughed hysterically and threw it away. i don't know what the deal is w/ lane bryants underwear i've never found a pair that i could hike up and use also as a bra *LOL* the rise on the thong i bought there was so long i could have strapped the thing over my shoulders. seriously what the heck.
there are still some girls who think it's sexy to rock the whale tale with their jeans and well- i just don't get it. at all.

even when i was skinny a thong was a novelty, not real underwear.

and a side note about sexy - it's more about attitude and not about what you're wearing. if you're uncomfortable in a thong, you won't be able to pull it off and then what was the point?
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
the rise on the thong i bought there was so long i could have strapped the thing over my shoulders.
Did you have the right size?
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #19  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I wear my thongs with pride. I also have boy cuts and bikini ones too, but I like thongs the most. I wore them when I was big and I wear them now. I do have lots and lots of bloomers for TOM but that's another story.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

If my a** was the only place a thong wedged into, I might get used to them. But ... it's not.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

I've tried and tried to wear thongs, but I find them uncomfortable. To be fair, I find 99% of the underwear I've tried on uncomfortable, thong or not... I'm very picky about panties. I wear VS cotton low-rise bikini, almost exclusively.

Panty lines don't bother me much... if someone is shocked that I'm wearing underwear, I'd say that's THEIR problem, not mine.

I do have thongs that go with bra/panty sets or match babydolls/teddies or other only-going-to-be-on-for-a-few-minutes-if-all-goes-well outfits. I don't mind how they look, I just can't wear them for long.

Last edited by mayness; 11-10-2008 at 03:40 PM.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #22  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

raw- i'm not sure. unless they size them differently at Lane Bryant then the rest of the world- i had the right size. this is a common problem for me with all of their stuff though. their bras are also illfitting on me.
i'm sure it's my freakish body and not their oddly cut garments. lol.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I love the thongs.

I hate letting my DH see my butt while wearing a thong (but it's okay if I'm totally naked?).

I love not having panty lines and I don't feel all wedgie. I hate undies riding up and I didn't think I'd like thongs, but I tried one and I liked it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Even when I was at a healthy weight, thongs were for the bedroom and not anywhere else. I bought them from pretty much everywhere, but could never find thongs that were comfortable. Also so many of them are hand wash only that it just sounds like a big hygienic nightmare to me!

That being said, DH doesn't really like thongs on anyone, so I'm free and clear there. I love Avon for cute sets without thong undies. Also, for bigger (and sometimes not-so-bigger) women, Just My Size has some cute sets as well.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #25  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
raw- i'm not sure. unless they size them differently at Lane Bryant then the rest of the world- i had the right size. this is a common problem for me with all of their stuff though. their bras are also illfitting on me.
You're not the only one. Lane Bryant's bras and panties fit me weird, too.

But I do love Frederick's of Hollywood's underwear. I've gotten great bras from Torrid, too.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Thankyou for the interesting replies. I haven't given up on boy shorts. I can wear them until I move, then the legs ride up on the thighs, so it looks more like an uncomfortable brief. Perhaps I have the wrong size? Perhaps my thighs are too big for the style?

I have some thongs I use for certain clothes, but I don't find them comfortable. I do notice the wedgie, no matter what size I get... they always, always ride up. There are just some that I notice it more on than others. I'm also not totally sold on the hygenic issues...

Like someone(s) mentioned, I am ok w/ being seen buck nekkid, but not with the thong, and I really don't think my husband digs thongs on anyone. He makes a wierd face when they turn up in the laundry.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #27  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I love thongs!!! I honestly cannot feel them at all. Its the only underwear I wear too. Except when its that time of the month, then I switch to boy shorts, lol.

My hubby loves both of them on me. He likes g-strings a little bit more though..but I only wear those if I'm feeling super sexy, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 11-10-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #28  
Go Patriots!!!!

S/C/G: 277

Height: 5'9"

boy shorts all the way.. can't stand thongs.. constantly feel the floss, no thank u.. I would rather go commando then wear a thong..
ProvGirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
haha... well I've never been to Lane Bryant, so I dont know... but I usually have to go down 2-4 sizes in panties.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I have decided I'm going to get some new boyshorts tomorrow. I am going to go a size up to see if that helps with them rolling at the thighs... if I go a size smaller it's going to be uncomfortable at the waist.

I do wear them when I sleep, with a big t-shirt or something. When they mind thier business they're the very definition of comfy.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote