How long did it take you to vote today?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
View Poll Results: How long did it take you to vote today?
Less than 10 minutes
52.00%
10 - 30 minutes
20.00%
30 minutes - 1 hour
12.00%
1 - 2 hours
8.00%
More than 2 hours
8.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I voted this morning. In and out in 5 minutes!
  • I voted 2 weeks ago. I stood in line for 30 minutes. I'm so glad you had such a quick experience, mod. I'm thrilled to see so many people excited and passionate about the election.
  • In Brooklyn NYC it took me a little more than an hour and a half. I thought I was being clever by getting there at 6 AM when the polls opened. Turns out everyone was there at the same time lined up already!

Like many polling places, it was in a school gymnasium. The kids have the day off from school, but some clever class decided to have a bake sale. They had two tables of coffee, muffins, breads...one for the outside line, one for the inside. Ohhh....I wanted a chocolate chip muffin or a butter laden piece of pumpkin bread. But I was good. I did my civic duty and went home.
  • Early voted 2 weeks ago. Took less than 10 minutes. But then I had to wait for DH who took his sweet time.
  • i was in and out in less than 20 minutes. wish i hadn't gotten up so #*!&@# early because i thought it would take hours and I'd be late for work...
  • I voted last Wednesday, 3.5 hours. In 31-35 degrees, 85% of the time was outside. But it was worth it!
  • I voted last week and it took me 45 minutes. It was a total madhouse though! Thank goodness that I was in the line for Chicago suburbs because the line for the city of Chicago stretched around the entire building.
  • I actually voted a week or so ago. I'm a permanent absentee voter. It's so nice to sit down in the living room with all the election pamphlets and my ballot and leisurely read the pros and cons on all the measures and make informed decisions. I used to try to do this and bring along a list of what I wanted to vote for but was always surprised when I got to the polls with some office for which I didn't realize I was to vote for. This is much easier!
  • I voted on Friday and it took me a little less than 2 hours. The line was way long, but it moved really fast and I had fun chatting with others in line while I was waiting.

• No early voting here in MD and you have to state that you can't vote on voting day in order to get an absentee ballot. I could've lied but I figured I'd vote today.

I went this morning, lines were huge so I left with the thought I'd come back later. My husband went a couple hours later, the lines were even longer. He plans to try to come back later.

It is good to see long lines of people wanting to vote but it'd seem like they would add more polling places for elections where they expect large numbers.
  • Early voted on Saturday - 4 hours!!
  • I only had to wait in line about 5 minutes. My husband went at 6:30am since he had to go to work. It took him about 30 minutes which he thought was a long wait.
  • early voting two weeks ago--5 minutes!
  • I think early voting is different. We don't have early voting in RI. But from what I have heard, in some states that allow it each city or county, etc will only have 1 early voting polling place. Which is totally different from Election Day because those cities will have multiple polling places.
  • Yeah, the way early voting worked here is that there were maybe a dozen locations in the county where you could early vote on the week before. Now, on election day, there are several hundred in the county.

As far as capacity, I don't really think anyone expected such a large turnout. By the time they figured out that it was going to be this huge, it was too late to get all the security, electronics, etc. in place to add more polling locations - not to mention redividing the existing locations and letting people know that their voting location had changed.